Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Zac Efron Sets Sail For "Pirates 4"

Efron, who turned 21 last week, has reportedly agreed to a £6 million deal to appear alongside Johnny Depp in the fourth instalment of the popular Disney franchise.
    The deal also ties him to a fourth High School Musical Movie, something he had said he would previously not do.
    Efron has found international fame in the role of Troy, the school basketball star, but had said it was "time to grow up".
    Thousands of screaming fans turned out to greet Efron when he arrived at the London premiere of High School Musical 3 along with co-star and girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens.
    Efron is also expected to star in a remake of 80s favourite Footloose, which originally starred Kevin Bacon.
    Depp, 45, currently filming Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland where he plays The Mad Hatter, will reportedly make £30 million reprising his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.
    A source told The Sun: "Zac was extremely interested. But Disney realised they couldn't make the fourth Pirates movie without Johnny. They had to offer him a small fortune to do it."
    Keira Knightley is expected to reprise her role as Elizabeth Swann although it is not thought Orlando Bloom will return.
    It is rumoured the fourth Pirates film will focus on Jack Sparrow's quest for the Fountain of Youth.
    Source: Zac Efron 'signs for Pirates of the Caribbean 4' - Telegraph

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

re: Zac Efron Sets Sail For "Pirates 4"

This will be interesting. I will miss Davy Jones and Bill Nighy though .

I wonder if Barbossa will be the bad guy again in the 4th installment.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I barely got through the second and third installments of the original WONDERFUL movie. This will give me a reason not to see Pirates 4.

• For You!

Hmmm - I really hope that they have a great script and that this doesn't become the next Rocky movies.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

If this had been actually announced by Walt Disney Pictures in the industry trade papers it could be interesting news. I'd have been happy to include the item in the News section here on MC.

It could potentially be an opportunity for Efron to work with the actor he's mentioned in a number of interviews as a career role model and inspiration. And never mind that Knightley has repeatedly stated that her pirating days are over while she continues to choose terrific material like 'Atonement' and garner acclaim with Academy Award nominations and such.

As this is a story from a lone newspaper in England why not wait and see.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    As this is a story from a lone newspaper in England why not wait and see.
    Indeed. These British papers have a long history of printing things like this that turn out not to be remotely true. Honestly, there have already been so many rumors tossed about concerning Pirates 4 that I won't believe anything not released specifically by the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I barely got through the second and third installments of the original WONDERFUL movie. This will give me a reason not to see Pirates 4.

Im with you on that one.. The 2nd and 3rd were very BLAH and too over the top for me. The first one will still be and always be awesome.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Happy Memories

Where they went wrong is in getting caught up in the mentality that all franchises need to be trilogies. I loved the first film as much everyone else, but they started losing me with the second and I barely made it through the third. They tried (and in my opinion failed) to force a continuous story into existence. They even blatantly disregarded things from the first film in doing so. That's just sloppy and irritating to me as a film geek.

What they should have done is a series of stand alone films that just happen to feature a core group of characters. Instead of trying to be Lord of the Rings, they should have followed the Indy model. Each is a completely seperate adventure. A series of stand alone adventures centered around Jack Sparrow would have been equally as (if not more) successful without turning off the fans like myself who lost interest along the way.

• Oo-de-lally

I'm not happy with this. I don't know why. I just don't think he will be good in this role.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    It is rumoured the fourth Pirates film will focus on Jack Sparrow's quest for the Fountain of Youth.
    I expect I'm the only one, but I think it would be fun if Pirates-4 was set in modern times after Jack finds the fountain of youth. Where would Jack be after living for a century or more....
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pirates 4: Senior Year Sing-Along Edition

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Wow....I'm so behind. I haven't even seen Pirates of the Caribbean 3 yet........

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Some online uk website is sure trying to spread the rumors. I wonder if they some swampland in Saudi Arabia for sale too.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Some online uk website is sure trying to spread the rumors. I wonder if they some swampland in Saudi Arabia for sale too.
    If so, I'll buy it for $20

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

All i can say is the pirate franchise is going under with a decision like this.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast