Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: 'Angels & Demons' 5/09

'Angels & Demons' made $104.3 million via 96 countries in its International opening weekend.

It took the #1 spot at the U.S. weekend box office with another $48 million, its overall worldwide total is $152.3 million.

'The Da Vinci Code' opened at home with $77.1 million and worldwide at $155 million.

full story at:
    'Angels' nabs heavenly opening - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Saw it Friday and liked the book better. But I did enjoy the locations. Sad to see the scene with the Mickey Mouse watch was cut. Can't believe it was rated PG-13, thought for sure with the two burning bodies it would be rated R. My how times change.

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Saw it Friday and liked the book better. But I did enjoy the locations. Sad to see the scene with the Mickey Mouse watch was cut. Can't believe it was rated PG-13, thought for sure with the two burning bodies it would be rated R. My how times change.
    What?

There was a scene where Langdon looks at his Mickey watch.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    What?

There was a scene where Langdon looks at his Mickey watch.

I should phrase that better. In the book there is a scene where Langdon is knocked out and the place is on fire. His Mickey watch alarm goes off and it wakes him up when he passed out from the smoke. In the movie, you see that he wears a watch, but now firemen discover him and save him.

Dan Brown actually mentions that scene in the book in Da Vinci Code as well.

• Circle of Ancients

Just got back from seeing it.

A few thoughts:

I was afraid about how much they changed or removed from the book, but for the most part I felt that the movie followed the book pretty well. There were a few things I would have LOVED to see from the book that I think would have made the ending much better.

Remember at the end of Da Vinci Code (the movie) Robert finds the rose-line and finally figures out where the Holy Grail is buried. There was no big "reveal" like that at the end. Sure, we find out who is behind it all, etc.

I think the part of the book where it's revealed that the Camerlengo is actually the TRUE son of the murdered Pope would have given us that reveal. Of course, the controversy of that may have been too much especially considering the controversy that was already brewing. However, if they had presented it like they did in the book it would have been great.

Also, from comments made in the movie it seemed like the timeline was AFTER Da Vinci code when it was actually before in the books. Not that big of a thing IMO.

One other thing, I really don't see why they didn't have the murdered CERN scientist still be Vittoria's father. It's her "research partner" in the movie. I think that would have given her that extra incentive to avenge him.

• Infinitized!

Did Ron Howard or Hans Zimmer give an official name to the Robert Langdon theme?

On the Da Vinci Code soundtrack its known as "CheValiers De Sangreal" and on the Angels & Demons soundtrack its "503"

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

We saw it Sunday and Bree and I both thought it was very meh. We both dozed off in the first half hour for a few minutes. I wouldn't recommend it as anything more than a dollar rental.

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I should phrase that better. In the book there is a scene where Langdon is knocked out and the place is on fire. His Mickey watch alarm goes off and it wakes him up when he passed out from the smoke. In the movie, you see that he wears a watch, but now firemen discover him and save him.

Dan Brown actually mentions that scene in the book in Da Vinci Code as well.
    Ah, okay.

I think I must've forgotten that part.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Goofy

i saw it and I though it was good a little boring at first but it got better. but however its not great like the first one the da vinci code. I did like the energy exploding in the sky.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

May 25, 2009, 01:43 PM ET

"Angels & Demons" fell to fouth place at this weekend's domestic box office bringing in $27.7 million, its collected $87.8 million thus far. Sony Pictures is expecting the film to hit the $300 million mark worldwide by Wednesday.
    'Smithsonian' wins the weekend battle
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12