Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Angels & Demons' 5/09

Producer: 'Angels & Demons' will fly faster than 'Da Vinci'

Updated 1h 51m ago

By Zade Rosenthal, Sony PicturesReligious expert and scientist:
    Tom Hanks stars with Israeli actress Ayelet Zurer.

By Zade Rosenthal, Sony Pictures
    Intelligently designed: Filmmakers had hoped to shoot Angels at the Vatican and inside Roman churches. But Brown's Angels, which includes the murder of two cardinals, was quickly shut down by the church. "This movie was strangely harder to shoot than Da Vinci Code, even though there's less controversy," says producer Brian Grazer. Exteriors were shot quickly in Rome, and elaborate sets were built to replicate the Vatican and other churches at Los Angeles studios

By Scott Garfield, Sony Pictures
    Faith under fire: Ewan McGregor plays Carlo Ventresca, the faithful servant to the church during the papal conclave in Vatican City. Grazer says the movie examines the conflict between science and God, particularly when faith is tested by violence. "This is the hardest movie Ron (Howard) has ever shot," Grazer says. "Not only because of being exiled from the Vatican, but it's darker subject matter."

By Zade Rosenthal, Sony Pictures
    Digging deeper: Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks, left), Vittoria Vetra (Ayelet Zurer), Chartrand (Thure Lindhart) and Carlo Ventrasca (Ewan McGregor) examine clues in Angels. Grazer describes their earlier film, The Da Vinci Code, as "a puzzle movie. It wasn't a contemporary movie. It was a little static. This one is more dynamic. It's an action movie."

By Scott Bowles
    USA TODAY

Angels & Demons, the follow-up film to The Da Vinci Code, has many of the elements of the 2006 movie: star, director, a little controversy.

What it doesn't share with its predecessor, filmmakers would like you to know, is Tom Hanks' hairstyle.

"It's totally different" from Hanks' slicked-back coif of the original, insists producer Brian Grazer. "It's better. Everything is more contemporary. "

The adaptation of Dan Brown's novel continues the sleuthing adventures of Robert Langdon (Hanks), a Harvard expert in religious symbols who discovers a conspiracy to destroy the Vatican.
    Da Vinci collected $758 million worldwide, but even Grazer says the movie moved a little slowly. Angels, by contrast, sprints from crypts, catacombs and cathedrals.

In adapting the hugely successful Da Vinci novel, "I think we may have been too reverential toward it," Grazer says. "We got all the facts of the book right, but the movie was a little long and stagey."
    In Angels, "Langdon doesn't stop and give a speech," Grazer says. "When he speaks, he's in motion."

Set in and around the Vatican, Brown's Angels includes the murders of cardinals, who are mutilated with mysterious symbols. Church officials banned the crew from shooting in key locales, sometimes revoking permits that had been approved, Grazer says.

full article at:
    Producer: 'Angels & Demons' will fly faster than 'Da Vinci' - USATODAY.com

'Angels & Demons' May 2009 - 4/27/08

http://micechat.com/forums/movies/95...ay-2009-a.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 'Angels & Demons' 5/09

Very cool. I'm still not the biggest fan of Hanks as Langdon, but Angels and Demons was a MUCH better book than The Da Vinci Code. And I actually liked the movie version of Da Vinci. I also do think Hanks portrayal of Langdon fits the storyline of Angels and Demons more than Da Vinci.

I'm looking forward to it.

• or CBF

I'm looking forward to A&D as well. I too thought that A&D was better than Da Vinci by far.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Infinitized!

The first teaser trailer is up at the official site:
    Angels and Demons

Looks pretty good. I like how they used some of the score from the Da Vinci Code in the trailer.

Anybody know when the third Robert Langdon book is coming out by Dan Brown? So far the working title is The Solomon Key. I thought maybe it may be coming out for the holidays this year but I haven't heard anything.

• or CBF

That trailer looks awesome.

Can't wait 'til May.

• Infinitized!

Angels and Demons

*Note to mods: The other Angels and Demons threads were closed. Perhaps open one and add this to it.

Angels and Demons
    May 15, 2009

Here's the Super Bowl TV spot:

Angels & Demons Super Bowl Spot - Trailer Addict

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: Angels and Demons

It has a lot of potential but so did the Da Vinci Code :[ -fingers cross-

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Circle of Ancients

Okay, so I just finished the book for the 2nd time. Tore through it in about 2 1/2 days. It's VERY good.

Now I'm starting to look at the movie, and I fear they may have strayed too much from the book.

Warning, this could contain some spoilers, but only for those who have read the book.

According to IMDB there is no cast listing for Max Kohler or Leonardo Vetra. And if you look at the trailer, it's evident that Robert Langdon is contacted by the Vatican in the movie, and as we all know he was contacted by CERN in the book.

Also, the fax that langdon is looking at in the preview is just the "Illuminati" symbol, and not the body of Leonardo Vetra as seen in the movie.

I'm still holding out hope, but your talking about the first 1/3 of the book almost if you leave out Langdon being contacted by Kohler, his trip to CERN, finding the antimatter, etc, etc, etc.

I'm also not seeing Cardinal Mortati or Gunther Glick listed either.

These are four very important characters from the book, not listed in the movie credits.

This has me concerned.

• Senior Minion

What is it with Langdon's hair in the original?! Ok it was bad but it now it just smacks of lazy journalism when it is still being commented on by reporters.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

First industry review:

Film Review: Angels & Demons

Can't wait!!!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• or CBF

I guess your observations turned out true, Clinks. The first 1/3 of the book was cut out.

• Circle of Ancients

I just went to see it, sitting in the theatre and the manager comes in and says the bulb is burnt out and we get readmission tickets.

Isn't that something you would check BEFORE selling tickets to the movie??? Plus, not to be greedy, but considering I took time out of my day I think I should get at least 2 tickets, not just a "refund" on the one I already paid for.

But whatever.

• or CBF

I saw it this morning.

I thought it was way better than the Da Vinci Code (which is my opinion of the books as well). It seemed like there was a lot of humor to help lighten the movie with the brutal deaths and action sequences you see.

I'd give it a 5 out of 5.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I saw the movie yesterday. I read the book about 5 years ago. I liked not having the story fresh in my mind to compare against the movie.

I had forgotten about Langdon's trip to CERN, but I was a little thrown off by that part being so small. Even though I knew ahead of time about the violence I was still a little put off by it.

I thought that they spent more time in the first church. I also vaguely remember the build up about the archives being a bigger deal in the book.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Angels and Demons' won the opening night box office race with $16.6 million, with 'Star Trek' pulling $11.9 million.

This gives both 2-time Best Actor Oscar winner Tom Hanks and Oscar-winning director Ron Howard their second best opening evr after 'The Da Vinci Code'.

full story at:
    'Angels' tops Friday box office - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast