BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

ABC doctors its schedule, get 'LOST' Wednesdays at 9PM

ABC doctors its schedule

'Practice' behind 'Grey's'; 'Mars' to follow 'Lost'

By James Hibberd
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Nov 10, 2008, 11:17 PM ET

"Private Practice"

ABC has some intriguing scheduling experiments planned for early next year.

Sources say "Private Practice" will get a chance to shine at 10 p.m Thursdays behind the "Grey's Anatomy" mothership.

And the slightly trippy, time-traveling new drama "Life on Mars" will get a trial behind the seriously trippy, and possibly time-traveling, drama "Lost" at 10 p.m. Wednesdays.

When "Practice" was first announced, most assumed it would launch behind "Grey's." But the network wanted to try and spread the powerhouse brand to another night, and some suspected two hours from the same dramatic universe on Thursday might be a bit trying for fans. Plus, it kept the post-"Grey's" slot free to try and launch other new shows with less brand recognition.

Now, with "Practice" having eroded in the ratings somewhat midweek and the two medical dramas planning multiepisode crossover story lines for the February sweep, pairing the two shows for a Seattle Grace alums block makes more sense.

"Mars" and "Lost" also seem like a potentially satisfied couple. "Life" is the more down-to-earth of the pair, yet the two have enough mutual fantastical elements. (As previously announced, "Lost" is going into "Practice's" 9 p.m. Wednesday slot in January).

No word when this will be announced or whether the scheduling will be billed as a temporary trial for the shows or as their new regular time periods.
    ABC doctors its schedule

• Circle of Ancients

Re: ABC doctors its schedule, get 'LOST' Wednesdays at 9PM

Interesting. I'm just glad LOST isn't going on at 10:00pm.

I'm also hoping that with LOST at 9:00 it will pump up Pushing Daisies at 8:00.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Interesting. I'm just glad LOST isn't going on at 10:00pm.

I'm also hoping that with LOST at 9:00 it will pump up Pushing Daisies at 8:00.
    I hope so, too. "PD" is smart, clever and subtly humorous - therefore it is one of those shows most likely ticketed for early cancellation. I hope ABC/Disney will give this show more chances to grow on other viewers.

And thanks as always for your updates, AliasD.

-- Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 11-11-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Animation Domination

Well, at least now Life on Mars doesn't have to face off against American Idol. Keep Pushing Daisies away from 8:00 on Wednesday because that's the same time American Idol will be on.