• Correspondent-Editor

The Under Class Speaks

Notes from a Second-Class Citizen

By C. W. Oberleitner
    November 11, 2008

You may be asking yourself why this week’s column is once again political in nature, especially in view of the fact that Proposition 8 passed and same-sex couples no longer have the right to marry in California. The phrase “no longer have the right” is the reason. I just don’t feel like writing about theme parks and cartoons while I and millions of my fellow tax paying brothers and sisters are denied a basic human right.—Chuck

Read the full story here >>

Re: The Under Class Speaks

I see this as a civil rights violation. Forget about the churches. Who cares if they sanction it or not? Who would want to be part of any church that doesn't welcome you with open arms? But to deny this basic civil right is horrible. And anyone who feels that same sex marriages somehow threatens or makes a mockery of traditional male/female marriages is an insecure, cowardly, uniformed bigot. Marriage is between two human beings. Not the rest of the world. And there are certainly thousands and thousands of straight marriages that should never have occurred. I applaud you for sharing your viewpoint, even though it doesn't have anything to do with Disney. And now, with such a wonderful change in store for the white house, we can only hope that this issue ceases to be an issue at all, and everyone can enjoy the SAME civil rights that we are entitled to as Americans.