BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Pushing Daisies' might not get pickup

'Pushing Daisies' may not get pickup

Bryan Fuller, ABC say no decision has been made

By James Hibberd
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Nov 13, 2008, 08:44 PM ET

"Pushing Daisies"

ABC's "Pushing Daisies" wrapped production on its 13th episode Thursday, and industry sources are buzzing that the network does not plan to order more episodes.

An ABC spokesperson said no decision has been made, and series creator Bryan Fuller said he has not heard a verdict.

"Our ABC exec was on the set last night saying they are still swinging in the fight to keep 'Daisies' on the air," Fuller said. "Spirits are high and hopeful and everyone here is very proud of our work and this show."

The show will have to be alerted soon to avoid disruption of production.

"Daisies" has averaged 6.6 million viewers and a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating this season.

Fuller previously expressed interest in returning to the writing staff of NBC's "Heroes" if "Daisies" departs. He also has indicated that he would finish this season's story lines in comic book form.

Working in "Daisies' " favor: ABC has a history of giving chances to struggling shows -- such as "Eli Stone," "What About Brian" and "According to Jim."
    'Pushing Daisies' may not get pickup

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: 'Pushing Daisies' might not get pickup

I took the Warner Bros. tour Tuesday and got to walk inside The Pie Hole. The guide was saying this might be it. I sure hope not, I really like this show.

Seems like this always happens. I find a show I like and then it vanishes

• revolutionary waltz

"Pushing Daisies is such an amazing show, it's a shame that it hasn't picked up more viewers. Although on the flipside, Heroes desperately needs Bryan Fuller back on the writing staff.

• Animation Domination

When American Idol returns on Fox Pushing Daisies will start losing it's audience.

• For You!

Just one more show that I really enjoy getting the boot.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Circle of Ancients

How sad. I love this show.

Move it to a Friday night or something for all I care. (which I don't).

• Animation Domination

sir clinksalot Wrote:

How sad. I love this show.

Move it to a Friday night or something for all I care. (which I don't).

Pushing Daisies would probably have a bigger audience if it was after Dancing with the Stars.

• Fantasmical!

Pushing Daisies is one of the few good shows on network TV when it comes to a great and creative background, fun plots, and happy endings at the end of each show. I haven't missed a show since the first season and I'll really miss it if it's canceled. It's been a great break from Lost, Heroes, Prison Break, 24, and all the other long drawn out shows, and easily one of the best shows on TV right now in my opinion.

I'm also just waiting for Harry Potter or Alfaba to walk through the Pie Hole doors at the beginning of an episode when Jim Dale is narrating or Olive is talking.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srcrbrandon View Post
    Pushing Daisies is one of the few good shows on network TV when it comes to a great and creative background, fun plots, and happy endings at the end of each show.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I hope that ABC will live up to its apparent tradition of giving a struggling show like this more opportunity to build an audience.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• She was sweet as a peach

I love this show. It is one of the very few that I am watching!
    It is fun and really eye appealing.

• Perennial Lurker

The BEST show. I have already written ABC, added the show (and lee Pace, yummy) to my Facebook page, asked my family to watch.... After Veronica Mars, it's just one more heartbreak if it happens. I'm going to start only watching stuff on cable where good shows can actually last. But your examples of ABC's mercy do give me hope (3 Emmys, Disney, come on!!).

[quote=Olympicnut;3256584]I took the Warner Bros. tour Tuesday and got to walk inside The Pie Hole. The guide was saying this might be it. I sure hope not, I really like this show.

Was thinking about the tour---was it worth seeing The Pie Hole in person???

I love this show and been campaigning to anyone who will listen to watch it and save it.... I've made stickers and shirts even!! If they don't save it, then they should release it to another network IMO
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I took the Warner Bros. tour Tuesday and got to walk inside The Pie Hole. The guide was saying this might be it. I sure hope not, I really like this show.
    Augh! Super jealous!! Must shell out money for WB tour!

My feelings about Daisies are pretty well known (I started the season 2 thread this year). I will be pretty very upset if it goes. Fuller has said that if it does get cancelled, they'll finish it in a comic book (which is nice but I don't think the printed version can be as fast paced and witty).
    I'm holding my breath and hoping ABC gives it a chance (at least to finish out the season!)

• The Pirate Girl

D: I signed a petition to to keep the show, but who knows if that will effect anything.
    I LOVE this show. I first started watching it because Kristin Chenoweth (Olive) is one of my idols... And then fell in love with the story and the quirkiness of Ned and the whole story. It's pretty much amazing.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• An Individual

IT so didn't do as well as it should have a the Emmy's this year, just one for direction on "Pie-lette" if I remember right. But them not much of Warner's did.

I think they were hurt by not going back into production until so late.

Some of us love so sit outside at the cafeteria and watch the "Pushing" folks work...it's fun just to see them coming out to the craft table.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast