Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: WALL●E DVD/Blu-Ray - Which and Where to Buy (including in-store Sale prices)!

I don't own a blu-ray player but I bought the 3disc version bluray from amazon. Now I leave myself no choice!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Re: WALL●E DVD/Blu-Ray - Which and Where to Buy (including in-store Sale prices)!

We just watched the movie, I SO love it. It's so cute.

The new short Burn-E was great as well. Nicely done and fits in with the story well.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Riteaid has the standard DVD for $19.99 (full suggested retail), with "free" WALL•E sunglasses.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    Riteaid has the standard DVD for $19.99 (full suggested retail), with "free" WALL•E sunglasses.

:::canceling amazon order, going to Rite Aid:::

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Holy moley, what an evening I've had! I couldn't go out during my lunch hour to pick up my disc, so I went to Best Buy after work. I wanted the 3-disc Blu-ray, but stymied when the store was sold out of 'em. So I went to Target. Nothing. Borders. Nothing. Soooooo, I did some more driving. Another Best Buy. Sold out. A third Best Buy. Ditto. Another Target. Again, sold out!!! There's a Fry's nearby, but by now I figured they'd be sold out too. So I hit The Wherehouse, not your first choice IMO for geeks to hit and buy discs. Tenacity paid off, they had one copy left! $32.99, but I get five bucks back by mail, so $27.99 if I follow thru with the rebate. But geez, who'd thunk, huh? Methinks WALL•E is gonna make some huge sales news, especially on Blu-ray, when the final sales tally comes out. Now, I was gonna watch it, but I'm too tired! I'll sit back and relax to watch it tomorrow night on my HDTV. Ahhhh...

Edited to add: Oh, just remember I also went to Wal-Mart (uh!), after the first Best Buy.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 11-18-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Wal-Mart

• we jumped out a window

I got the 3 disc set along with Rubik's cube from Best Buy. The cube is quite nice and has different images on each side. Burn-E even got his own side.

The Burn-E short made me think of Space Mountain, especially the corridor that he traverses over and over again.

I have not watched the movie nor all of the bonuses yet but have put the digital copy into my ipod.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Went to Wal Mart - they were charging $33- something for the 3 disc dvd, same price for the blu ray collector set. And online the Wal mart price was $22.86 for the 3 disc dvd set. I asked a couple people at the store to explain the 50% higher price for the in store price, and needless to say, they were dumbfounded.

Checked Target, and the 3 disc dvd set was 29.99. Went home and purchased it at Wal-Mart online , (with in store pick up for free) for $22.86 plus tax came to 24.76. Should have done what Hastin suggested. I just didn't think Wal-Mart would have THAT big a difference on-line compared to in store. Wal-Mart online says the in store delivery would be between Dec 1 and Dec 4? I'll just do what Hastin said and go to customer service at the store, and see if they let me get it now, since they have it in stock. This is just idiotic that there is an $11.00 difference in price between WalMart in store and Wal Mart online with in store pick up.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

3 disc Blu-Ray is sold out everywhere. I ended up buying Tropic Thunder and Guitar Hero World Tour instead...

I'll order it from Wal-Mart online tomorrow.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Went to Wal Mart - they were charging $33- something for the 3 disc dvd, same price for the blu ray collector set. And online the Wal mart price was $22.86 for the 3 disc dvd set. I asked a couple people at the store to explain the 50% higher price for the in store price, and needless to say, they were dumbfounded.

Checked Target, and the 3 disc dvd set was 29.99. Went home and purchased it at Wal-Mart online , (with in store pick up for free) for $22.86 plus tax came to 24.76. Should have done what Hastin suggested. I just didn't think Wal-Mart would have THAT big a difference on-line compared to in store. Wal-Mart online says the in store delivery would be between Dec 1 and Dec 4? I'll just do what Hastin said and go to customer service at the store, and see if they let me get it now, since they have it in stock. This is just idiotic that there is an $11.00 difference in price between WalMart in store and Wal Mart online with in store pick up.
    That is what I said in my previous post might be the case. My daughter has been caught out several times in pricing on line vs. in store with them. She is so totally disgusted with Wal Mart for doing this that she hardly ever goes there for anything anymore.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Gives us a slight idea on the profit margin Wal-Mart has on these dvd's. When they can price something that much cheaper.

• Animation Domination

brand42 Wrote:

I got the 3 disc set along with Rubik's cube from Best Buy. The cube is quite nice and has different images on each side. Burn-E even got his own side.
    I also go my copy of Wall-E at Best Buy.
    My local Wal-Mart hand the 3 Disc set of Wall-E for $34.99.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I went to Target, Best Buy, and Costco -- nothing. Everywhere is sold out of the 3-Disc Bluray edition. Crazy. I finally drug myself into Wal-Mart because I hate going in there... The WALL-E display at the store entrance had no 3-Disc Blueray... so I made myself go deep into the bowels of Walmart, and found three of the 3-Disc Bluray versions hiding in the back of the WALL-E display in the electronics area.

I wish I had been able to find a copy at Target -- I wanted to plant that free tree... but it's okay. I got my WALL-E fix tonight and I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Thank you, thank you , thank you. I was wondering where to buy my Deluxe Edition and here you are with the answers. I'll be going to Wal-Mart but I do have to say that I have had problems in the past with their on line price being less than their in store price.
    Yeah, Wal-Mart lists the 3 Disc Deluxe Bluray is $24.99 online, but in-store its $29.99. The online/in-store price differences are irritating, but whatever...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

wow! even your blu ray is almost $4 less in store, than my closest crappy wal mart here in Phoenix. Why is it more expensive here?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Infinitized!

Want 50 free Disney Movie Rewards points?

Go to the WALL-E website. There's a game on there where you have to find 8 objects hidden around the site on the various pages. Once you have located all eight, you will unlock your code for the 50 DMR points as well as an exclusive wallpaper, and a clip of WALL-E controlling himself with a Wii controller.

Rats, I got to wait till Christmas for WALL-E.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    wow! even your blu ray is almost $4 less in store, than my closest crappy wal mart here in Phoenix. Why is it more expensive here?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Who knows. Maybe the Wal-Mart demographics here just don't spend as much as they do in Phoenix to warrant such a steep in-store price hike. 2DieFR told me the Deluxe Bluray was $10 more than the online price down in the Orange County Wal-Marts, too. Strange. I guess I lucked out.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast