• Walt Disney Fan

Disney’s ABC/ESPN is now the home for College Football Bowl Championship Series

It was reported that ESPN had bid $125 million for rights to broadcast the NCAA Division I College Football Bowl Championship Series on the cable channel. Turns out that was for just one year. They actually bid $500 million to get the rights for four years… and guess what? They won.
    That’s a lot of money, I hope it pays off.

At the Disney blog by John Frost
    Disney’s ABC/ESPN is now the home for College Football Bowl Championship Series | The Disney Blog

That's a lot of money
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Disney’s ABC/ESPN is now the home for College Football Bowl Championship Series

If only there was a playoff in Division One college football. Can you imagine the rights fees, and also the ratings? They'd be through the roof.

In the meantime, at least until Mr. Obama "throws his weight around", we're stuck with the BCS.

In any case, it made no sense to me for a network (FOX) to all of a sudden carry college football for these games, when they don't have it until that time. Makes more sense for a network that lives, eats and breathes it all year long, to cover the biggest post-season games.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.