Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: New Moon Movie (Twilight Saga Book #2)

Kristen is gonna be so jealous!

Posted: Wed., Dec. 3, 2008, 10:06am PT

Kirsten Stewart set for 'Runaways'

'Twilight' star to play Joan Jett

By Erin Maxwell
    Variety

Kirsten Stewart is shifting from vampires to rockers.

The "Twilight" star is set to topline in "The Runaways," a rock biopic of the '70s all-girl band. Thesp will star as frontwoman Joan Jett.

Film will follow the early beginnings of the Runaways, whose members include Jett, Lita Ford and Cherri Currie. Best known for their hit song "Cherry Bomb," the teen band was highly influential in the music scene of the late '70s and early '80s.

Shooting will begin in early 2009 and will accommodate Stewart's commitment to the "Twilight" sequel, "New Moon," also slated to begin lensing at that time.
    Kirsten Stewart set for 'Runaways' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

I really think they are going to make the Edward-less time seem not so long in the movie. The scenes with the Volturi are so great too.

• Senior Minion

SUMMIT BEGINS SEARCH FOR NEW MOON DIRECTOR
    Los Angeles, CA, December 7, 2008 – Summit Entertainment and director Catherine Hardwicke jointly announced today that the filmmaker will not be directing the next installment in the newly minted TWILIGHT film franchise. Summit’s targeted end of 2009 or early 2010 release of the film, NEW MOON, does not work with Ms. Hardwicke’s required prep time to bring her vision of the film to the big screen. Thus as has been done before with many successful film franchises, the studio will employ a new director for NEW MOON.

“I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct NEW MOON,” said Hardwicke. “Directing TWILIGHT has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I am grateful to the fans for their passionate support of the film. I wish everyone at Summit the best with the sequel– it is a great story.”
    “Catherine did an incredible job in helping us to launch the TWILIGHT franchise and we thank her for all of her efforts and we very much hope to work with her on future Summit projects,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Production. “We as a studio have a mandate to bring the next installment in the franchise to the big screen in a timely fashion so that fans can get more of Edward, Bella and all of the characters that Stephenie Meyer has created. We are able to pursue an aggressive time frame as we have the luxury of only adapting the novels into screenplays as opposed to having to create a storyline from scratch.”
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

So the new movie won't look like Lords of Dogtown with vampires and wolves? Yay!

(Sorry, the more I think about it the more quasi-angry I get because seriously it looked like a bad 70s movie.)

• Directly directed

Wow. But the good news is we're only looking at a year before the next one!

• Princess of my own world

I really have mixed emotions about this. The changing of a director can be a good and bad thing. With this announcement I worry that the cast itself will change too....
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• I'll pencil this in later

Wow, new director? Hmm.. I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

Okay... I can't handle the thought of a new director right now lol

So let's talk about Volturi casting again

I think the guy who plays Snape from Harry Potter could easily play Caius or Marcus.

Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

As soon as I finish "Bright Lights..." I'm going to start re-reading New Moon, so I can get a handle/remember the Volturis a little more. Based on what I remember I kinda' want a character actor to play Caius. Like someone you wouldn't immediately recognize but then you realize you've seen him everywhere. Or how awesome would it be to have some screen legend from Italy that Americans don't know and kinda' fell out of popularity with the Italians play some of the Volturis?
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 12-08-2008 at 09:09 AM.

• Senior Minion

Summit Entertainment has started preparing the sequel New Moon, based on Stephenie Meyer's second book in the series, and to contain costs, the studio is filming the third book, Eclipse, back to back using the same new director. On Sunday, December 7th, Summit Entertainment confirmed that Catherine Hardwicke will not direct the films New Moon or Eclipse. Filming begins on New Moon in March, 2009, and will continue right through completion of Eclipse.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The word from inside Summit is that Hardwicke, the acclaimed Thirteen and Lords of Dogtown and The Nativity Story director, "was 'difficult' and 'irrational' during the making of Twilight," one insider explains to me. "That doesn't mean anything when you're talking about a filmmaker because they all are, but still..." (Joe Roth and Sony kept saying that about Julie Taymor on Across The Universe. Yet she made a cult classic and is now directing Marvel/Sony's Spider-Man for Broadway.)

But an outside source also informs me, "Summit didn't like her. They're saying the DP [director of photography] Elliot Davis is the one responsible for the film's sumptuous visual look, that the editor Nancy Richardson had to save the film in post-production, and Summit thought Hardwicke's [CAA] agent Beth Swofford was alternately ineffectual and hysterical. It certainly demonstrates, while CAA agents boast of their vast influence, how little clout and muscle they actually have, or are willing to use, to protect their artists."
    Nikki Finke’s Deadline Hollywood Daily Hardwicke Nixed For ‘Twilight’ Sequel; Summit Looks For ‘New Moon’ Director
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• would love some pie

Maybe New Moon won't suck as much as Twilight now!

Of course, the downside is that it probably won't be nearly as hilarious.
    KABLAM!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

A Julie Taymor comparrison? Ouch!

I will say that a new director is a good thing. The cast is in place, all they have to do is cast non-ugly Native American people (Jacob's friends in this movie were bad!), creepy old people, a creepy little girl, and they're good. And think about the Harry Potter movies: they played director lottery and that was a good thing (think about seeing all 8 HP movies made by Chris Colombus... icky). We have our universe set up now give us funness.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Summit Entertainment has started preparing the sequel New Moon, based on Stephenie Meyer's second book in the series, and to contain costs, the studio is filming the third book, Eclipse, back to back using the same new director. On Sunday, December 7th, Summit Entertainment confirmed that Catherine Hardwicke will not direct the films New Moon or Eclipse. Filming begins on New Moon in March, 2009, and will continue right through completion of Eclipse.
    OOOO where did you read this at? I'm very excited now.

Wildcat Projects

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PrncssZ View Post
    OOOO where did you read this at? I'm very excited now.
    www.Bellaandedward.com They seem to be pretty up to date.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast