Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: Batman killed off in next issue?

The Batman in that pic was from an elseworlds story. I can't remember which one at the moment. I suppose elements of that pic could be part of Final Crisis, but I think that was a teaser for an earlier storyline. Still it is very possible that the alternate versions may show up there. I wonder how Batman RIP fits in with all the other DC books. Batman was captured by the evil gods in Final Crisis, but is still alive. He is still alive in JLA too. One of these days they will get around to explaining it.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    I don't really see Tim Drake as Batman even though he was Batman for one alternative future. Tim is too young and inexperienced to become Batman.

This picture shows a different Batman could this picture be part of Final Crisis #7?

I'm pretty sure the image is a promotional teaser for a year-long weekly comic book series DC puts a couple of years ago called "52". The proximity of the characters to each other and the iconic landscape were supposed clues and hints to how "52" would end, which concluded with the return of the parallel earths concept, or multiverse, that was literally destroyed in the 80's series, "Crisis on Infinite Earths."

"Final Crisis" is currently running, I'm picking up issue 5 next week when it comes out. It seems to be about re-imagining Jack Kirby's New Gods characters and consequently establishing some new status quos throughout the DC Universe, including something to do with Batman as well. As a big Batman fan, I'm really bummed that what's going on story-wise with Superman, Green Lantern, and the JSA by Geoff Johns is a thousand times more entertaining to read than any of the Batman stuff DC's been putting out. This Batman RIP is a lame stunt, pending how Batman fares in the conclusion of "Final Crisis."

• Shablagoo!

Interestingly, Batman seems to be alive in this weeks issue, #682. Hmmmmm

I believe that some, maybe even most, or even all of the Grant Morrison Batman run has been a nightmare generated by Darkseid and Co. It will be interesting to see if that is the case.

• Still lost in Neverland

I do know that this end of Batman run will become part of Final Crisis. Robin and Nightwing comics are ending with their Feb '09 issues as a direct result of one of them taking up the Batman Mantle. I am not sure how they are handling it because of all the different comics that Batman appears in because some are showing him no longer there and others are showing him still there. As usual D.C. is making a very confusing story line here. I guess we will just have to wait and see what they are up too this time.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I do know that this end of Batman run will become part of Final Crisis. Robin and Nightwing comics are ending with their Feb '09 issues as a direct result of one of them taking up the Batman Mantle. I am not sure how they are handling it because of all the different comics that Batman appears in because some are showing him no longer there and others are showing him still there. As usual D.C. is making a very confusing story line here. I guess we will just have to wait and see what they are up too this time.
    To that point, I also read that Batman will continue in The Brave and the Bold, adding to our confusion.

Yeah, I was surprised by what unfolded in the latest issue of Batman, and it's definitely tied in to what's going on in Final Crisis. I'm just glad the last installment of RIP wasn't the last time we saw Batman in action and that we didn't have to wait long for it.

• Animation Domination

Just like Mavel Comics have Wolverine running around everywhere the same thing is happening to DC Comics with Batman. Don't think we have imposter Batmen either.

• Shablagoo!

They are all SKRULLS! After their failed attempt to take over Earth in the MArvel Universe, they used Access to travel to the DC universe to take it over. Unfortunately, Final Crisis happened soon after their arrival. Poor Skrulls, they can't catch a break.

• Animation Domination

Melonballer Wrote:

They are all SKRULLS! After their failed attempt to take over Earth in the MArvel Universe, they used Access to travel to the DC universe to take it over. Unfortunately, Final Crisis happened soon after their arrival. Poor Skrulls, they can't catch a break.
    The New Gods are the Skrulls...all the New Gods been capture and replaced by skrulls and that is why the New Gods are being killed.
    just kidding.

R.I.P will be done in Final Crisis. Did anybody read Action Comics this week? It look like a familar character is coming back to the land of the living. hmmm. His name rhytms with Donner.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Disneyland PAP

^ This issue's sitting on my nightstand waiting to be read, way behind on my Christmas chores. The cover by Gary Frank is a tease because he didn't do the art inside. That's probably why I read my other books I picked first. But I'm intrigued now, thanks.

• Animation Domination

Robin is not in the Teen Titans anymore. Wondergirl is now the leader of the Teen Titans.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I doubt they will kill him. That is to easy for Morrison. I have been reading the series and feel that Bruce will be replaced for awhile. I think a stint in Arkham is in Bruce Wayne's future.
    seriously. I think it's about time. haha

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Melonballer Wrote:

The New Gods are the Skrulls...all the New Gods been capture and replaced by skrulls and that is why the New Gods are being killed.
    just kidding.
    you people give me headaches.

• Shablagoo!

This needs spoliers.

Spoiler

Batman looks quite dead at the end of Final Crisis #6. Darkseid was the one who killed him. Basically it took the act of a god to bring Batman down.

Like all things there are ways around this, but it does not look good for Bruce Wayne right now

• Still lost in Neverland

Final Crisis #6 came in today and the final panel shows Superman carrying a very dead Batman who's missing half his face. I am not sure what DC's plan is, but in March there is no issue of Batman or Detective Comics.

I would think the logical choice to replace Bruce Wayne would be Dick Grayson. He grew up with Batman, created Robin and is now crime fighting as Nightwing. He is more than old enough now and more than capable. I agree that Tim Drake is too young and inexperienced at this point in time to take on the weight that that Cowl carries. And like I said before both Robin and Nighwing comics also cease publication in February.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

Newsarama did an article on the situation today. They talk about what happened and how it can be reversed. Grant Morrison set up an out in the issue.

Newsarama.com : Batman R.I.P. - Finally?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast