Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Force (2009)

• Banned User

Re: G-Force (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I read the comments...it appears to be a Disney film, though I do not know if it animated or not.
    It isn't cartoon animation, but mostly live-action with CGI animation. Those guinea pigs in the trailer looks so life like. I could see the tiny hairs off the pigs! Too cute.

• Banned User

I just read this interview with Will Arnett where he talks about his role in G-Force. I think it will be really fun to see him in an animated role.

"The guinea pigs are voiced by a who's who of A-list celebrities, from Nicolas Cage to Penelope Cruz. Arnett has one of the live-action roles.
    "I play an FBI agent who's trying to shut down this rogue government project that was developed to try to give animals, domestic animals, the ability to speak, to use as spies," Arnett says. "This crazy scientist played by Zach Galifianakis, he's kind of at odds with this maniacal sort of devilish entrepreneur billionaire played by Bill Nighy, so there's this crazy web." Arnett joked that he was jealous he had to actually show up on set when his co-stars could just record voices later."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
    I just read this interview with Will Arnett where he talks about his role in G-Force. I think it will be really fun to see him in an animated role.

Arnett has one of the live-action roles.
    You'll get to see Will Arnett in 'G-Force' as opposed to just hearing him. He's currently voicing The Missing Link in 'Monsters vs. Aliens' from DreamWorks Animation.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Senior Minion

Just seen the trailer for this (in 3D!) before Monster vs Aliens...

Uh oh!

When they struggle to make the trailer even remotely amusing it suggests a stinker! I suspect that this will make Beverly Hills Chihuahua look like Citizen Kane.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    When they struggle to make the trailer even remotely amusing it suggests a stinker! I suspect that this will make Beverly Hills Chihuahua look like Citizen Kane.
    That film was moderately budgeted, featured a B-List cast and inexplicably took in over $140 million worldwide.

'G-Force' is a Bruckheimer Films release with A-Listers that the studio has alot invested in. They'll throw everything at it to make it a success, and increase guinea pig sales everywhere.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    You'll get to see Will Arnett in 'G-Force' as opposed to just hearing him. He's currently voicing The Missing Link in 'Monsters vs. Aliens' from DreamWorks Animation.
    You are right, that is what I meant. Seeing Will Arnett just affiliated with an CGI animated film will be nice and different.

ALIASd -- Since when are Nicolas Cage and Penelope Cruz B-list actors? I was pretty impressed by the line up in this movie. I am still anxiously awaiting another trailer before I make any quick judgments. From the looks of the first trailer, it will be a cute, fun movie.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Glad I wasn't alone thinking it was the Japanese cartoon either.
    So did I, and it would make a cool movie too. Secret agent guinea pigs pales in comparison.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

ALIASd -- Since when are Nicolas Cage and Penelope Cruz B-list actors? I was pretty impressed by the line up in this movie.
    If you follow the responses to the posts above you'll see that I was referring to 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua' not 'G-Force' with that info.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    So did I, and it would make a cool movie too. Secret agent guinea pigs pales in comparison.
    Ya, this movie isn't based on the Japanese anima Gatchaman. It is an entirely different story, a lot of people keep getting the two confused.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    If you follow the responses to the posts above you'll see that I was referring to 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua' not 'G-Force' with that info.
    ALIAS -- I am so sorry. I actually went back and reread this thread 2 times. I get it now, I thought you were being snarky and didn't realize you were replying to the quote from nathan detroit. I apologize.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

04/22/2009 10:08 AM ET

Walt Disney Pictures' and
    Jerry Bruckheimer Films' "G-Force"
    Teams Up With Major League Baseball
    in Unprecedented All-Star Game,
    Grand-Slam Million-Ticket Sweepstakes

First One Million Fans to Enter the Sweepstakes will
    Win Free Tickets to See "G-FORCE" on Its Opening Day
    if a Grand Slam is Hit During MLB All-Star Game

A team of secret government operatives are infiltrating Major League Baseball this season. Their mission? Give away one million tickets to see their movie "G-FORCE" on its opening day. From Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films comes "G-FORCE," a 3-D high-octane comedy adventure about a covert government program in which guinea pigs are trained to work in espionage. The film, opening nationwide July 24, teams up with MLB for the unprecedented G-Force Grand Slam Sweepstakes. If a grand slam is hit during the All-Star Game on July 14, the first million people who have entered on Disney.com will win a free ticket to see "G-FORCE" on its opening day.

The program marks the most comprehensive promotional sponsorship of Major League Baseball by a major motion picture ever and the first movie promoting its debut during the Major League Baseball All-Star Game since Disney's "Angels in the Outfield" in 1994.
    Walt Disney Pictures' and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' "G-Force" Teams Up With Major League Baseball in Unprecedented All-Star Game, Grand-Slam Million-Ticket Sweepstakes | MLB.com: Official Info

• Banned User

Thanks for that news, ALIASd! That sounds like a great idea! This will promote MLB and it is a fun activity for children to attend!

I also wanted to share the newest trailer, it is finally here! I couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire thing. This is such a cute summer movie! That is the perfect time to release a film like this.

G-Force (2009) - Trailers & Clips - Trailer - #2 - RopeofSilicon.com

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

We had the sad misfortune to see the trailer for this movie last night when we went and saw Earth. It was excruciating.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Ya, this movie isn't based on the Japanese anima Gatchaman

• Banned User

Really? I didn't think it was bad. It was entertaining and funny, probably the intention of the film. Regardless, I am sure kids will enjoy this for the summer!

• Banned User

Had to share this image! It is SO clear! I can't decide which one is my favorite, but I am sure they will all have their individual personalities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast