• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

New "ESPN Zone" opens as part of "LA Live!"

As I understand it, the new "ESPN Zone" restaurant has opened in downtown Los Angeles.

It's located across the street from Staples Center, near the Nokia Theatre as part of the new "LA Live!" district.

Has anyone here seen this new area yet? I was at the Nokia in June, and saw the construction going on.

The building in which the ESPN Zone is situated will soon host the network's West Coast operations, and the 10PM Pacific Time "SportsCenter" will originate there.

And the Disney-owned ESPN Radio AM 710 will also be housed there.

-- Barry

PS...I am guessing that the Southern California marketplace is large enough to support two ESPN Zones, 40-50 miles apart...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• or CBF

Re: New "ESPN Zone" opens as part of "LA Live!"

Interesting putting two ESPNZones close together, maybe the Anaheim location is going away during the expansion that's supposed to happen eventually?

I take that back actually, the Baltimore and DC locations are fairly close together too.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is nice that ESPN Zone is expanding. Especially when the Fox equivalent -- the Fox Sports Grill recently went out of business in the Irvine Spectrum Center.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This is nice that ESPN Zone is expanding. Especially when the Fox equivalent -- the Fox Sports Grill recently went out of business in the Irvine Spectrum Center.
    FOX did have a place right next to Staples when it first opened. Don't honestly know if it's still there or not.

Note: Colin Cowherd is in L.A. to do his ESPN Radio show today and tomorrow - tomorrow he'll be doing his morning show from the L.A. Live facility - "simulcast" on the ESPN "U" network from 7AM-10AM Pacific.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.