Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Walt Disney Studios open to public on December 13

Yes they do this every year. Candlelight at DL is the first weekend in December, Studio craft fair is the the second weekend in December. Have fun!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

I'm going to pose the question again, because I have to decide whether to go or not...

I live about two hours away from the Disney Studios...will it be worth going if I don't have the big bucks to spend? How much will we be able to see of the actual studios? Has anyone gone before? How was your experience?

Anyone? Anyone?? Thanks!

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

I tried to "search" for more discussion about the commissary. I'm sure it has been discussed before. It seems people who have gone were really impressed?

Is that still the way it is?

I'm planning on going on Saturday and was just curious about what those thought of the commissary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The commissary is like a cafeteria style restaurant. They have a salad bar section, and then in another corner they have a "chef" that has selection of a few different items to choose from, they dish it up for you, another area is like a panda express, and then they have a center area with a mini deli area with a variety of sandwiches, also, the have a soft serve machine (frozen yogurt) with a couple different flavors. There is also a beverage station in the center area. There is both indoor and outdoor seating.

A few more questions...

How do I know that it's not going to be packed and I"m going to be turned away?

In another thread I read that there would be a book sigining...? Is this true?

This horrible lack of official information is really odd....
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The commissary is like a cafeteria style restaurant. They have a salad bar section, and then in another corner they have a "chef" that has selection of a few different items to choose from, they dish it up for you, another area is like a panda express, and then they have a center area with a mini deli area with a variety of sandwiches, also, the have a soft serve machine (frozen yogurt) with a couple different flavors. There is also a beverage station in the center area. There is both indoor and outdoor seating.
    Thank you Aladdin!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The Fantasyland guy

Wow... I had no idea they did this. I am SOOO there!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    How do I know that it's not going to be packed and I"m going to be turned away?

This horrible lack of official information is really odd....

Get there early like us and don't worry about it.

Sure it's gonna be crowded, but not as crowded as if they advertised all the info on TV!

Be thankful that it's open to us lowly mortals and enjoy the place!

I went. It was just awesome to be there. The guard at the entrance gate handed me a blue wrist band to wear. To stand at the corner of Dopey Drive and Mickey Ave, with the old Animation building in the background, incredible. To walk around the commissary, and have a slice of pizza was fun. When I went into the Studio Store, Disney Archivist, Dave Smith, was there for book signings. It was an honor to meet this famous historian and shake his hand. I got his autograph in a new book, too. While in the area, I even went by Forest Lawn to pay respects to Walt, Lillian and Sharon Disney. A very enjoyable afternoon. If anyone is interested, I have photos. I just have to figure out how to make a post with the pics.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Goof@Heart View Post
    If anyone is interested, I have photos. I just have to figure out how to make a post with the pics.
    Think of where you are posting. OF COURSE there are going to be folks very interested in those photos.

Well, here goes. I really hope you all like these pics.

That didn't work. Any help on how to post pics would be appreciated. Sorry.
    Last edited by Goof@Heart; 12-14-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added a line.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Well, here goes. I really hope you all like these pics.

That didn't work. Any help on how to post pics would be appreciated. Sorry.
    You can use photobucket to upload your pictures. Then you will paste the URL for each photo in a trip report. Hope that helps.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

I tried the PhotoBucket thing, and it went just fine. I ran into trouble when I tried to paste the pics into this very post area. What am I doing wrong? Any experts out there who could walk me through this. Maybe it'll only work if I start a thread.

I tried the PhotoBucket thing, and it went just fine. I ran into trouble when I tried to paste the pics into this very post area. What am I doing wrong? Any experts out there who could walk me through this. Maybe it'll only work if I start a thread.

While I am certainly no expert, I had the same problem when I first wanted to post pics it really is very easy though. Once the photo is loaded onto photobucket what you need to copy is the "IMG code", which if you have you pointer on the photo you will see 4 options below it then paste that code into the reply box here on MC. Then when you submit the post the images automatically show, doesn't matter if you were the creator of the thread or not.

Looking forward to seeing you pictures from the studio!

Okay, you posted the Photobucket thumbnails in the other thread, but not the full-sized photos. The thumbnails always have filenames starting with "th_," so you could fix it by just removing that bit from each filename. When you're in Photoshop, under each thumbnail, when you pass the pointer over it, you should see "Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML Code and IMG Code" underneath it. Try to copy the text in the box next to "IMG Code," or if you can't do that (they've recently redone their page, so now it's harder to select the text), click the thumbnail to go to that photo's page, and copy the IMG Code there, where it's not crammed into such a tiny text box, and paste it into a comment. Sorry, that sounds confusing, but you'll see what I mean.

What's a bit harder to do is to post clickable thumbnails here. Post the little thumbnail versions of photos, but have each one be a link to the full-sized picture. You have to copy both the "Direct Link" and the address of the thumbnail. Here's the first one of your photos as a clickable thumbnail. Hit Reply to see how it's done:

Notice that one has the "th_" and the other doesn't. So, with brackets instead of parentheses, it would be (URL=filename)(IMG)th_filename(/IMG)(/URL). Most people here rarely do that, but just FYI, that's how to make it work. Otherwise, do it just the way you did, only with the address of the full image. The IMG code that it gives you will already have the IMG tags in place, while the Direct Link is just the address by itself.

Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of all of this. Great photos, BTW. I should eventually post my photos of the studio, I suppose.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
  2. 12-10-2008, 03:55 PM
  3. 12-10-2008, 03:53 PM