BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Terminator 5'

Posted: Sun., Dec. 14, 2008, 9:00pm PT

Fifth 'Terminator' film in the works

McG working with Halcyon on project

By Ali Jaafar
    Variety

The Terminator will be back.

Halcyon Co. toppers Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek are developing a fifth instalment of the man-vs.-machine franchise.

Helmer McG, who directed the upcoming fourth pic, "Terminator Salvation," is working with the Halcyon duo on the latest project.

Announcement was among the news that came out of the Dubai Intl. Film Festival, which bowed Dec. 11 and runs through Thursday.

McG was in Dubai for the announcement, despite his well-known fear of flying, which led to him dropping out of the Oz-shot "Superman Returns."

He mentioned that incident in remarks during the announcement.

No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.
    Fifth 'Terminator' film in the works - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
    </SPAN>
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• or CBF

Re: 'Terminator 5'

Wow, Salvation hasn't even been released yet and they're already developing a fifth?

Either this movie is going to be extremely good or they're just having wishful thinking.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Happy Memories

According to things I've read in the past, Salvation was concieved as the start of a new trilogy of Terminator films. I'm sure the future installments will depend on the performance of each preceeding film, however the buzz thus far on Salvation has been positive.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Only reason I want to see Salvation is because one of my imaginary boyfriends, Christian Bale, is in it. *DROOL*

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I am not surprised. This is the only terminator that I see them returning major characters (bale) (sidenote: Yes, Arnold did return but he wasn't the exact character in the last 3) and this film looks very good. It has all it needs to be successful for a summer film but it has more to it to be successful as a film as well (like the dark knight)

• Lonestar Louisianian

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    I am not surprised. This is the only terminator that I see them returning major characters (bale) (sidenote: Yes, Arnold did return but he wasn't the exact character in the last 3) and this film looks very good. It has all it needs to be successful for a summer film but it has more to it to be successful as a film as well (like the dark knight)
    So true because in the trailer Bale uses his "Batman" voice.

First thought is that it looks like it will be good. Trailer impressed me a lot, but that's what trailers are supposed to do.

Then I realize that McG is the director. And then I can't seem to shake Bale as Batman (especially when he uses "the voice"). So color me a bit skeptical at this point. Of course it's still Terminator and a story angle that begs to be seen on the screen.

• would love some pie

I really don't like Bale's Batman "voice". It's so forced and obvious that he's trying to hide his own voice, rather than create something different.
    KABLAM!

• 'splosions

well, if you're a masked superhero, you're gonna do as much as you can to preserve your secret identity.

Kevin Conroy did it when he played Batman in the Animated Series. His Bruce Wayne voice was a higher pitch and less gravel-y (sp?) than his Batman voice.

though i cant speak for what hes doing in the new trailer. John Connor IS John Connor

Quote Originally Posted by DATman View Post
    I really don't like Bale's Batman "voice". It's so forced and obvious that he's trying to hide his own voice, rather than create something different.

• Circle of Ancients

I still don't get why McG is getting work directing movies. Because Charlies Angels was such a great movie???

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I still don't get why McG is getting work directing movies. Because Charlies Angels was such a great movie???
    same reason Brett Ratner is Clinks

• Infinitized!

The article said:
    No decision has been made as to where to film the next "Terminator," although the Middle East was mentioned as a locale.
    Because of this, I wonder if instead of using a gun, John Connor will throw size 10 shoes at the Terminators.