Re: 'TR2N': 'Tron' sequel 2011

'Tron' sequel lands lead

Garrett Hedlund to star in Disney sequel

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Jan 7, 2009, 01:00 AM ET
    Updated: Jan 7, 2009, 04:40 PM ET

Garrett Hedlund (Getty Images photo)

Disney has picked up-and-comer Garrett Hedlund to star in "Tron," the studio's sequel to the 1982 cult classic by the same name being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Hedlund, who made his debut in 2004's "Troy," has until now acted in larger ensemble pieces. He was one of the football players in Peter Berg's "Friday Night Lights," one of the foursome in the ensemble thriller "Four Brothers," a supporting player in the fantasy film "Eragon," and he appeared opposite Lindsay Lohan, Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman in "Georgia Rule."

Hedlund has been considered one of those actors that is on the cusp within the industry, though without much of a profile in middle America. Starring in a $100-plus million effects-intensive feature could change that.

Disney cast a wide net as it searched for the role that, because of the title, generated a lot of interest. Such potential leads as Ryan Gosling and Chris Pine met on the project, while Michael Stahl-David ("Cloverfield') was one of the those that screen-tested.

Hedlund will play the lead, a man who finds himself pulled into the world of a computer and retracing the steps of a character from the original movie named Kevin Flynn.

Jeff Bridges is reprising the role of Flynn, who was a computer programr but ended up as the CEO of a software corporation. Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett have also been cast in the project, which was known as "Tron 2" and "Tr2n" but it now going with the simple "Tron."

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver. The movie is eyeing a spring shoot.
    'Tron' sequel lands lead

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

I am so excited to see this movie! It's going to be soooo totally awesome!

But what about TR3N?

made by the awesome Xiaolin!

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• 'splosions

Olivia Wilde is in it...

/drool.....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

2/7/09

Director Joe Kosinski is already filming Tron 2, and he'll show audiences what he's come up with so far at this year's San Diego Comic-Con... But don't expect it to look like the finished movie.

At today's Radical Studios panel, publisher Barry Levine talked about Kosinksi's summer plans while discussing Oblivion, the director's "illustrated novel" they plan to publish next year:
    Joseph Kosinski is directing Tron 2, and last year he did amazingly well at [San Diego Comic-Con] where he showed that test and had 6000 people show up. This year, he's going to have a trailer, not of the entire film, but just what he's been shooting. He started shooting in April, and given his pedigree and what I know about the film and what I know about Joe—the film will be amazing. So he'll show that trailer there.
    Probably not what Tron fans at NYCC would have wanted to hear - but at least we now know when to expect to see some official virtual Jeff Bridges.
    Tron 2: Want To Get A First Glimpse Of Tron 2? Go To San Diego

• Greetings, Program!

So the sequel to Tron.....is called "Tron".

I think I'll have dinner, but I'll call it "lunch".
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    So the sequel to Tron.....is called "Tron".
    I think they are calling it Tron 2.0
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I think they are calling it Tron 2.0
    Well that more make more sense than to just call it "Tron" as the quoted article above states.

And while we're discussing it, anyone else see the ComicCon 'trailer' from last year? Holy Frijole!!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Daft Punk scores 'Tron 2' soundtrack

French duo sets up new L.A. studio

By David J. Prince
    Billboard
    March 4, 2009, 04:01 PM ET

Daft Punk (Getty Images)

NEW YORK -- Daft Punk, the French electronica duo known for their robot personas, have been tapped by Walt Disney Pictures to compose the score for "Tron 2", an update of the studio's 1982 science fiction classic "Tron."

The film, currently in production, is tentatively scheduled for a 2011 release.

The "Tron 2" score marks Daft Punk's first foray into the studio since 2005's "Human After All." After an extended hiatus, the duo reemerged in 2007 for an extensive world tour, spawning the Grammy-wining live set "Alive 2007." The group's 2001 track "Harder Better Faster Stronger" was adapted by Kanye West for his single "Stronger," and the pair appeared on the 2008 Grammy Awards with the rapper.

The musicians, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, split their time between Paris and Los Angeles, where they have have assembled a new recording studio for the "Tron 2" project.

Daft Punk have worked in film before, most notably as directors of their feature "Electroma," although that film used none of the group's own music.

The original "Tron," which pioneered the use of computer graphics, was scored by Wendy Carlos, an electronic musician and composer whose "Switched on Bach" album was one of the first to highlight the Moog synthesizer as a musical instrument.
    Daft Punk scores 'Tron 2' soundtrack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12