BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'TR2N': 'Tron' sequel 2011

Posted: Mon., Dec. 15, 2008, 9:00pm PT

Olivia Wilde enters 'Tron' sequel

'TR2N' expected to be released in 2011

Wilde

By Marc Graser, Tatiana Siegel
    Variety

Olivia Wilde has landed the female lead in Disney's "Tron" sequel.

Few details are known of the character the actress will play in the pic, titled "TR2N," to be helmed by commercial helmer Joseph Kosinski.

But Jeff Bridges will return in the role he played in the 1982 original, about a hacker who is abducted into the world of a computer and forced to participate in a series of gladiatorial games.

Disney plans to release the pic sometime in 2011.
    Olivia Wilde enters 'Tron' sequel - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

New 'TRON' races on - 9/10/07
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/7719...ron-races.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: 'TR2N': 'Tron' sequel 2011

This is great news, not only will we be getting a new Tron movie but maybe a new Tron attraction too? Or at least if the PM is brought back a new Tron Part can be included.

• Circle of Ancients

I'll believe it when I see it. Hasn't this movie been rumored for about 20 years now???

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

The technology has now caught up and actual casting announcements are typically a favorable sign that pre-production is moving forward. Hope they spring for ILM.

'Tron 2' has its first two players

Olivia Wilde, Beau Garrett cast in sequel

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Dec 15, 2008, 11:00 PM ET

Olivia Wilde, left, and Beau Garrett (Getty Images photos)

Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett are the first to sign on for "Tron 2" the sequel to the 1982 Disney cult classic being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver.

The original, about a programmer thrust into a computer and forced to fight in games he helped create, is remembered for its sci-fi gladiator-style battles and groundbreaking special effects.

The new movie is acting as a "next chapter." Plot details are being guarded closely, but Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, the villainous intelligence protocol that was the nemesis in the original film.

Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

The male lead has not been cast, but the studio and filmmakers are screen-testing actors as it brings on other leads and supporting players.

"Tron 2" is eyeing a spring shoot and is shaping up as one of the studio's most anticipated projects in years. Kosinski shot reels to test technology and showcase his vision for the film; the footage screened at Comic-Con in July and was one of the most buzzed-about films coming out of the geekfest.
    'Tron 2' has its first two players

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I've never seen the original, so I wouldn't know what to expect in the sequel.

• Infinitized!

If Jeff Bridges is back, we need Bruce Boxleitner and Cindy Morgan back too!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

THE DUDE abides, everyone else is a cameo.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

I agree its been too long. I always wondered if there is going to be a sequel....

I wonder if David Warner will reprise his role as Dillinger/Sark........

Thats good news.... Tron was a great movie...and a pretty decent coin-operated video arcade game too...

If you were at Disney's San Diego Comiccon panel, you know that Disney has been working on this for a while. They showed a clip with Bridges.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Infinitized!

Despite the bad news about Disney pulling out of Narnia, here's some good news about TR2N:

From Mania.com: Bruce Boxleitner Returns for TRON 2.0 | Mania.com

Bruce Boxleitner Returns for TRON 2.0

By: Jarrod Sarafin
    Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008
    Source: ComingSoon

It seems Jeff Bridges may not be the only returning star to Walt Disney's upcoming Tron 2.0, reports CS. The latest report also has Bruce Boxleitner returning to play his Alan Bradley character in what is being described as the "next chapter" of the franchise that launched into theaters in 1982. If true, Bruce would be co-starring alongside Bridges and newcomers Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett (both Turistas stars were announced last week). Director Joseph Kosinski is behind the camera, based on a screenplay by Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis.

Plot Concept: While the plot line is being kept under wraps, we know from last week's report that Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, while Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

Tron 2.0 will hit theaters sometime in 2010 (TBA).

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    This is great news, not only will we be getting a new Tron movie but maybe a new Tron attraction too? Or at least if the PM is brought back a new Tron Part can be included.
    I have always wanted a Tron ride!

For me, Tron was a very awesome movie. it has inspired me countless times, and it's style, idea, and story are amazing, even now. I really do love it, and wish it the best. I hope TR2N is just as awesome as the first, and that a new, awesome, ride will appear and be radically gnarly, dude. (It would sure help Tomorrowland to have another big ride.)

I'd watch the sequel. But I still have bad memories about getting stuck on the People Mover 12 ys ago in the light cycle scene for 15 minutes.

Lon

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by lonsal View Post
    I'd watch the sequel. But I still have bad memories about getting stuck on the People Mover 12 ys ago in the light cycle scene for 15 minutes.

Lon
    Wow, that sounds like a boring experience.

I saw Tron as a kid, loving all things Disney and tech. At the time I thought it was great. But honestly, I saw Tron not long ago on DVD and thought, well, that this wasn't so great.

It does seem like Tron was designed to be turned into a video game before such strategies were common practice. Ahead of it's time...

If they go ahead, I hope it will be a winner. But it does seem like an uphill battle.
    Check out my free high resolution Disney World pictures and Disney World Vacation site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast