• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Question Martha Stewart's New Talk Show

Has anyone seen her new daytime talk show?

I watched part of it yesterday and most of it today. I actually really liked it! It isn't your typical sit on a counch and interview celebrities type talk show. She brings the celebrities out and they do Martha type things together the whole show. Which I find interesting. I love crafty/cooking stuff and I love celebrities so it's a good mix for me.

I didn't expect to like a whole hour of Martha, but I have found her quite likeable. Today's show she showed us all of the interesting things she learned to cook in prison and showed clips of SNL making fun of her. She really seemed to have a good time laughing at herself while at the same time taking it seriously.

Has anyone else seen the show and what do you think?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Minion

I thought she was going to have a "The Apprentice" type show??

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: Martha Stewart's New Talk Show

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly
    I thought she was going to have a "The Apprentice" type show??
    Yeah, I think there will be a show like that also. I believe she has two new shows. The daytime one is a daytime talk show, but with a different flare. No couches to sit on, she said she wants herself and her guests to be doing things the whole time.

The Apprentice one hasn't started yet.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    The Apprentice one hasn't started yet.
    Soon, though, soon.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    I know! I loved that original Apprentice and I can't wait for the new version too! Especially after seeing the new talk show because I think I actually like Martha now!

I caught the last ten minutes of the show. They were making ponchos for dogs??? I am not so sure I would like that.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I've been meaning to tape it but havn't got quite coordinated yet. I'm glad you liked it TinkPink, that'll push me to give it a try!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Martha really needs the show to get into a 'groove', fast. The timing of the episodes is really werid, and Martha doesn't quite seem totally comfortable in the whole live/guests format. She has alot of potentional, and I hope that her show lasts.

Also, I kinda reward her for being so blatent about her Prison experience, vs. other shows which might brush it under the rug (or poncho, as the case may be ). However, sometimes it feels reduntant, and like she's only using it to hook people to watch the show, and hear her experiences.
    -Monorail Man

• Again! Again! Again!

I did turn it on for a little bit today because David Spade was on. The caption said it was "poncho day". I bet Ponchobell/Stinkerbell was watching today!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am curious. What exactly was Martha's trick up her sleeve that she used to get even more popular now than she did before she went to prison?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I am curious. What exactly was Martha's trick up her sleeve that she used to get even more popular now than she did before she went to prison?
    You just said it right there, she went to prison. Apparently to many, it was humorous that the "typical" homemaker would be spending time in prison.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly
    You just said it right there, she went to prison. Apparently to many, it was humorous that the "typical" homemaker would be spending time in prison.
    You have a good point.

• Sock Puppet

Martha really needs the show to get into a 'groove', fast. The timing of the episodes is really werid, and Martha doesn't quite seem totally comfortable in the whole live/guests format. She has alot of potentional, and I hope that her show lasts.
    I cant believe I'm typing this right now. But I too liked the show! I caught it today and thought it was really good! She looked a little awkward with the whole live audience thing as MM has stated above. But if the show lasts awhile I'm sure she'll get into the groove.

Also, I kinda reward her for being so blatent about her Prison experience, vs. other shows which might brush it under the rug (or poncho, as the case may be ). However, sometimes it feels reduntant, and like she's only using it to hook people to watch the show, and hear her experiences.
    I haven't seen any show before this one so I don't know what she talked about. BUt a funny thing happened in todays show while she was talking to Suzan Lucci. Suzan was talking about her character on the soap that she is in. And Martha remembered that her character went to prison at some point. Suzan agreed and Martha asked her if her character was a convicted felon, "Cause I'm not allowed to associate with felons. I don't want to get into trouble again." It may be something you had to watch to be funny. But it was! Good luck Martha!