Thread: Kingdom Keepers

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Kingdom Keepers

During the weekend I was in Borders, and found a young adult book by the coathor of Peter and the Starcatchers, Ridley Pearson, titled "Kingdom Keepers." Basically, it takes place in WDW, and deals with the attempt by Maleficent, and others to gain control of the Magic Kingdom. I'm only about halfway through it, but it is definitely a lot of fun. And while the version of the Magic Kingdom is far from exact, it's still fun to see a novel take place in the parks. Also, it's fun to see the dolls in Small World come to life and attack people.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, fun read.

Anyone else read this?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Kingdom Keepers

I did, and let's just say it's truly juvenile lit. Grant you, I wasn't expecting much.

Luckily.

It wasn't bad, with me leaving in a few days for Disneyland, but there were some major plot issues that were curtailed to add suspense and stuff.

You said it best when you said it was fun. I also like the dolls attacking.

But that was about it.

Good luck! Let me know what you think of the end.

Peace
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I do realize it's juvenile, but I guess I did expect that when I picked it up. I especially find the whole Finn noticing girls thing to be forced. And maybe the suspense is a little curtailed...I just finished the Small World part, and even that seemed cut short. I guess I liked it because I really wasnt expecting much, just a look at the parks in a fictional novel.

I think if you expect literature you will be disappointed, but if you want to read something that isn't difficult and is mindless, this is a good choice.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Yeah, that is true. I guess with all the personally created hype (I'll be at the Diz in a mere two weeks!) I guess I put the pressure on the book to keep me excited.

And when it didn't I hit it harder.

But then again, there has been exceptional kiddie/juvie lit out there--we should know that from our professions--so I guess we can also have high expectations as well.

Peace and, of course, keep reading!
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719

But then again, there has been exceptional kiddie/juvie lit out there--we should know that from our professions--so I guess we can also have high expectations as well.
    True...and this isn't one of them.