Disney Store in Stockton, Ca. Closes its doors for the last time tonight.

I am a Cast Member of The Disney Store in Stockton, California. Tonight we closed our doors to the public, at 6:00pm, for good. It was a very emotional moment. After we closed the gates, a child with his mother walked up and saw that we were closed, and the boy started crying.

I have worked at that store for a grand total of a little over two years. I worked with a great Cast, some of whom have been there since day one. I will cherish all of the magic and memories that I have at the store. What I will miss the most is the wonderful Cast, and the great guests that came in to visit us. For whatever reason our store closed, it will be sadly missed by many people, including me.

Luckily I have been transferred to another store, so I can still stay with the magic of The Walt Disney Company. But there will not be another store like #827.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Re: Disney Store in Stockton, Ca. Closes its doors for the last time tonight.

I had no idea the store was closing. Boo. This is very sad news. We've been shopping there for a long time, but I guess it's been about a month since we were there. What's the closest remaining DS to Stockton now?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

The Vintage Faire Mall in Modesto, Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento, and The Roseville Galleria all have stores that are open.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Banned User

I miss the Stoneridge store still, it's so sad that another one of my local stores has closed.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I miss the Stoneridge store still, it's so sad that another one of my local stores has closed.
    I guess Vintage Faire will be the closest DS to me now. I used to work at the Stoneridge Mall, a million years ago. For a long time, in fact. At least my Nordstrom is still there. (It is, right?)

• Banned User

Last time I checked, Nordstrom was still there.

• Disney Store CM

Today we packed up what was left of the Store and on Monday other stores are coming to pick up hardware and any other items they need. Our store is so bare and just the animation is left, which will be removed and shipped to Pasadena. It is such a sad sight.

Robert

Robert, I went to the mall today, and stopped by the store to see who was there. It was only Nena and George. I stayed a little while and talked with them. I guess tomorrow will be Nena's last day there. It is really sad.