• Celebrate!

Disney Celebrate Street Team in Nor Cal!

Just wanted to let the NorCal Micechatters know the Celebrate Street Team will be in Northern California the next week or two.

If you're in/near Sacramento, they will be at the Arden Fair Mall tomorrow from 10:30-1:30.

Thursday they will be in San Francisco at Pier 39 during the same time period.

Next Friday 2/3 they will be in Fresno at the Fashion Fair Mall.

I'll be working the event on Thursday at Pier 39. If you see a CM nametag "Sergio" from "Modesto, CA" say hi!

For you other folks in other areas check out this link to find a location near you.

Re: Disney Celebrate Street Team in Nor Cal!

I VoluntEARed at the Arden Fair event today with three other Cast Members, and we had a great time. We got there at 9:00am, and signed in. We then helped other VoluntEARs tie up ballons, got our windbreakers and pins and headed down to the area where it was going to take place. We handed out tons of Mickey Mouse shaped balloons to Guests of the mall. The balloons had invitations to go to disneyparkscelebrations.com and register for a free day at a Disney Park.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Celebrate!

Did they let you pick what size windbreaker you got, or were they all like 3X? Also, can we wear our Disney nametags?

They let us pick what size we wanted, but I do not know how many they had of each size. I did get the size I wanted, which was XXL, but another Cast Member I went down with got a size bigger than she wanted, as there were no more of the size she wanted left. Also, the only Cast Members I saw wearing Name Badges were ones that worked at Disneyland, or for Disney Parks. I had heard there was a CM that was from Walt Disney World, but did not see her. There were also a lot of Disney Executives there, that had name badges, but I did not notice any Disney Store CM's wearing a name badge.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Celebrate!

Well my friend and I are alumni from WDW's College Program, so we still have our WDW nametags. Any familiar faces show up? I was secretly hoping the new DL ambassadors would make an appearance.

Hey guys, i plan on goin to tha pier on thursday, thinkin about bringin my nephew/niece. but i will have to take off from school. just wondering about what else exactly goes on. like is there any characters that come along? other give aways? etc. thanks guys

• Celebrate!

I'm not sure if any characters will be in attendance. What I know is that we will be giving out balloons with "invitations" to celebrate at the pants. There will be a station for you to register for the free birthday offer as well. A pamphlet I received said there may be character appearances and since this should be a big event at the pier, we might get lucky tomorrow.

A character was supposed to make an appearance at our event, only if the media showed up, which they didn't. I was kind of bummed out about that. I did talk to the Disneyland ambassador, and she was very nice. I can actually say I got to meet one.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I Wish I could make it down to the wharf, but I don't have time during my lunch to make it from the Civic Center area down to the event.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    A character was supposed to make an appearance at our event, only if the media showed up, which they didn't. I was kind of bummed out about that. I did talk to the Disneyland ambassador, and she was very nice. I can actually say I got to meet one.
    I'm surprised Good Day Sacramento wasn't there! Hope to see one of the DL Ambassadors tomorrow.

Another Cast Member told me that on the morning before our event, Mickey Mouse was on Good Day Sacramento, and they were talking about the "What Will You Celebrate?" event on that show, but they did not show up at our actual event.