Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: 'Sherlock Holmes' 12/25/09

There is only one Sherlock Holmes:

Jeremy Brett. Anyone else playing the Holmes role is beneath him, and can only stand in his shadow, and ape his performance.

• Minion

Saw the trailer, I think it looks like a lot of fun.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Comic-Con report:

Robert Downey Jr. and the mystery of 'Sherlock Holmes'

Robert Downey Jr. and the mystery of 'Sherlock Holmes'--The Hollywood Reporter: Risky Business
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Is That You, Sherlock?
    Why the heck did they beef up Sherlock Holmes? Sherlock Holmes is an awesome character that had brains...the brawn may have been there, but he did not have to rely on it. Couldn't Holmes just stay the quick witted, intellectual that everybody is familiar with from the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories? Hollywood thinks that there has to be some buff guy without a shirt on playing Sherlock Holmes in order to hit it at the box office...maybe they do?

Further more, Sherlock Holmes was quite a gentleman and I would highly doubt that this man was caught in public without his cane let alone missing a shirt.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

A 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel?
    For Warners, it's elementary

By Steven Zeitchik and Jay A. Fernandez
    The Hollywood Reporter
    September 21, 2009

A "Sherlock Holmes" sequel is afoot.

Three months ahead of the release of its Robert Downey Jr. action pic, Warners is developing a new installment.
    The studio is poised to bring on Kieran and Michele Mulroney, the scribes who are penning its "Justice League: Mortal" tentpole, to pen a draft of the new tale. Brad Pitt has had discussions with producers to star as Holmes' nemesis Moriarty in the new pic, say people familiar with the project, though there is no deal in place for him to take the part.

Susan Downey, Dan Lin, Joel Silver and Lionel Wigram produced "Holmes," a holiday release that, from well-received footage at Comic-Con, appears to be an action-heavy rendition of the world Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created.

A 'Sherlock Holmes' sequel? For Warners, it's elementary--The Hollywood Reporter | Risky Business | Film Reviews, Movie News and Interviews

• Minion

Well this has got to build some really positive buzz.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I've been waiting for this! As long as it isn't too modernized it should be excellent. Downey is a terrific actor. My only concern is that he has a very expressive face, especially his eyes, and that is not a characteristic of Sherlock Holmes. It might work well on film, though.

The Holmes of the original stories is a fascinating man. Not wholly cerebral, he could kick a** if he needed to. Don't forget he was also a drug addict and had quite a dark side. Modernizing him isn't necessary, so let's hope they didn't really try. I don't think I could buy Brad Pitt as Moriarty, though.

• Very own madame Leota!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Why the heck did they beef up Sherlock Holmes? Sherlock Holmes is an awesome character that had brains...the brawn may have been there, but he did not have to rely on it. Couldn't Holmes just stay the quick witted, intellectual that everybody is familiar with from the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories? Hollywood thinks that there has to be some buff guy without a shirt on playing Sherlock Holmes in order to hit it at the box office...maybe they do?

Further more, Sherlock Holmes was quite a gentleman and I would highly doubt that this man was caught in public without his cane let alone missing a shirt.
    Unless this was a boxing match, which this is. In those circumstances shirtlessness is accepted, even in victorian society. (especially since it's a man thing and there are no ladies around. and the few that would be probably aren't considered ladies by the standards of their society.)

Also you might want to take in mind this film is based on a comic book about holmes, so expect it to be a bit more fantastical than the usual depictions. Won't make it any less good.

Also, reading up on the movie it looks like we might have some baritsu(which is mentioned in a holmes story, iirc.) which I'm all up for.
    Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
    2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
    Next Disneyland visit: ???
    My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
    http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

The Art of the Motion Picture:
    "Sherlock Holmes" by John Watkiss

December 12, 2009 - January 18, 2010
    Opening Reception / Dec 12, 7:00PM - 10:00PM

Accomplished visual development artist JOHN WATKISS will be exhibiting original storyboards and concept paintings from the new highly anticipated film, "Sherlock Holmes" with actors Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams.

*warning - some images may contain film spoilers

Gallery Nucleus
    210 East Main St
    Alhambra CA 91801

The Art of the Motion Picture: "Sherlock Holmes" by John Watkiss - Nucleus | Art Gallery and Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12