• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney Channel crushes Nick's un-'Spectacular' movie

Feb 18, 2009

Dadnapped Dominates on Disney Channel

By Marc Berman
    Mediaweek

The premiere of Dadnapped, Disney Channel’s 74th original movie, launched on Monday, Feb. 16 with a hefty 4.6 million viewers, 2.1 million kids 6-11 and 1.8 million tweens 9-14. Comparably, this beat Nickelodeon’s competing movie Spectacular by 1.3 million total viewers (4.6 vs. 3.3 million), 62 percent in kids 6-11 (2.1 vs. 1.3 million) and 38 percent in tweens 9-14 (1.8 vs. 1.3 million). And it built from the year-ago time period average by as much as 134 percent among kids 6-11.
    Source: Nielsen Media Research data
    Overnight Data on Hold Due to Digital Transition

Nick making high school 'Spectacular' musical - 3/31/08
    http://micechat.com/forums/tv/93482-...r-musical.html

Re: Disney Channel crushes Nick's un-'Spectacular' movie

Dadnapped as such a good cast I can see why more people were interested in seeing it.

• Banned User

So amazingly unsurprising. Nickelodeon will continue to be behind until it steps up it's game and starts making new, edgy and entertaining programming and retires tired shows like Spongebob and Oddparents.

At the very least, iCarly beat out both of the movies for top kids' show, and iCarly is way better than anything Disney Channel's pumped out in terms of writing.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    So amazingly unsurprising. Nickelodeon will continue to be behind until it steps up it's game and starts making new, edgy and entertaining programming and retires tired shows like Spongebob and Oddparents.
    SpongeBob is still typically in the cable top 10 according to Nielsen, maybe he's not tired but a bit winded. I have no explaination for Timmy Turner though.

And Nick is damn lucky to have hitmaker Dan Schneider in the their corner, he's currently putting together yet another show with one of their new starlets.

• Banned User

Yeah, he's doing a vehicle for Victoria Justice. She was actually in Spectacular as a supporting character too, but hopefully her next venture will do better.

I'm waiting for Dan Schneider to come up with something to replace All That too. Sonny With A Chance isn't a real sketch comedy series, and Nick's always been known for it's sketch shows.

On the note of Spongebob, apparently the writing has returned to the same level it was at when it premiered, which does bid well. Fairly Oddparents is just... ugh. I've never been a fan of it, but it's latest special did pretty well. I think Oddparents might make it to a tenth season at the max, and Spongebob could probably run another four or so years.

• Goofy

At the very least, iCarly beat out both of the movies for top kids' show, and iCarly is way better than anything Disney Channel's pumped out in terms of writing.

how dare you say that about spongebob. just kidding. but still spongebob is a draw in the tv and with the public.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

iCarly beats the pants off anything Disney is doing on the Disney Channel. Well, in terms of sitcoms. I haven't watched enough movies from either end to judge that. But I spent a good time watching Disney Channel lately and iCarly beats everythig.

I agree about Dan getting something going in the spirit of All That. That'd be nice.

On a different note, it seems Sonny with a Chance could be good, probably just what Disney Channel needed to step up their game.

Oh and about the original subject, I'm not surprised.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball