Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Emmys 2005

Desperate Housewives has just
    Spoiler
    LOST (to Everybody Loves Raymond)

the award for Best Comedy. (Don't look if you don't want to know if they won or lost)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• GO DBACKS!!

Thanks for the updates askmike1. I hate award shows, what a yawner. I'd rather go to the dentist than sit thru those self-congratulatory praise fests.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Emmys 2005 (SPOILER ALERT)

The best part of the evening was Don and Megan singing Green Acres,
    Will and the Opera lady come in #2 doing the Star Trek Theme song ~
    but both were hilarious ~ something you would expect to see on TV Land
    instead of CBS, though.

• Launch sequence engaged

The mere fact that Arrested Development lost to Everybody Loves Raymond is mind-boggling. Of course this is only my opinion, but I really think Arrested is leagues better than Raymond.

This could be just a case of the last season sympathy. Oh well, here's to Arrested Development winning next year for best Comedy series!
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    Thanks for the updates askmike1. I hate award shows, what a yawner. I'd rather go to the dentist than sit thru those self-congratulatory praise fests.

In fact, I completely forgot they were on tonight. Not that I would have watched them anyway.. It's been years since I've watched prime time TV.

• Disney Memory Maker

I didn't like how in the Memorium part, they gave Bob Denver such a short spot. Some of the 'bigger' people got about 10 seconds, but Bob only got about 5 seconds (if it was that much).

(And yes, I also think that Everybody Loves Raymond won as a sympothy vote)

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Man O Lantern

Bah. I was annoyed with all the Raymond wins. Oh well.

Arrested Development is TONS funnier. God, that show has some topnotch writing. HOW COULD IT NOT WIN??? Ugh!!!

On the other hand, LOST WON!! How freaking COOL was that?!?! I couldn't believe it! They were up against some stiff competition!

I actually cried a little tiny bit when Felicity Huffman won. I love her. She and William H. Macy are my favorite couple, hands down. She seems like the coolest chick. I was so happy Teri Hatcher didn't win.

And since I was still emotional from her win.....when I saw Jerry Orbach's face at the end of the memorial, I had tears streaming.

I wish Jessica Walters won in her category. She makes AD for me. Hilarious performances last season. Good stuff.

And how is it that Blythe Danner gets more beautiful every year? No fair. And my husband wants to know what the hell happened to Stockard Channing. He thought she looked scary as hell. He actually shivered.

And Patricia Arquette. Ick. I watched that show one time and I thought she was SO annoying and awful that I changed the channel halfway through the show. I thought her acting stunk.

William Shatner.....that was a good win. His character on Boston Legal is absolutely the best. Freakin hilarious. I hate Shatner, but I love his acting in that role. I'm glad James Spade won again too. He's the best.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    I didn't like how in the Memorium part, they gave Bob Denver such a short spot. Some of the 'bigger' people got about 10 seconds, but Bob only got about 5 seconds (if it was that much).
    I didn't see this part of the show, but my guess would be that he was a last minute addition to the montage (having just passed away last week). I'm sure most of the work on the peice was done before he died.

I only caught bits and peices of the show as I had other things going on in my life last night. I'm generally not a big fan of the Emmys. the same favorites and/or over hyped newbies win every year while tons of quality TV gets completely ignored. Granted this year there were some great, deserving newer shows nominated. Of course Raymond was gonna win a bunch of awards. It was their parting gift and they've been one of those Emmy favorites for years now, no matter what else came on that might have deserved the accolades as much or more. I've personally never enjoyed the comedy of ray Romano and never watch the show, but i do like Doris Roberts and Brad Garrett and I'm glad that if somebody was gonna win from the show it was at least those two. I was also pleased to see that Felicity huffman pulled off the upset win oveer her fellow Housewives. I've been a big fan of hers since another great, underappreciated show, Sports Night (that is the title right? can't remember anymore). Letterman's tribute to Carson was good (though i kinda agree with a DJ I heard on the radio this morning that Dave went a little long), and John Stewart's comments on Letterman were equally touching.

just a few general thoughts from the bits and pieces I did see.

• See what I got?

The Emmy's are tied with the Miss America/Universe, etc. for things I do NOT want to watch. *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    I didn't see this part of the show, but my guess would be that he was a last minute addition to the montage (having just passed away last week). I'm sure most of the work on the peice was done before he died.
    True. But there were other parts I didn't like about it. Although Jennings did get a seperate segment, I think he should have also been a part of the Memorium (I believe a few years ago when Ritter died, he was mentioned in the memorium in addition to a seperate segment). Speaking of the Jennings/Brokaw/Rather segment, for anyone who watched, who was the guy on the left. Whichever one he was (either Brokaw or Rather), I thought he was a horrible speaker who seemed 'fake' when he talked about Jennings. The guy on the right was much better though.

-Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12