Disney World top chef takes buyout
Jason Garcia | Sentinel Staff Writer 9:55 PM EST, February 26, 2009
The man who has led the development of new restaurants at Walt Disney World for more than a decade is stepping down.
Dieter Hannig, Disney World's vice president for new food-and-beverage concepts, said earlier this week that he will leave the resort at the end of March.
"I'm sad to say goodbye," Hannig said. "But you know, we must be willing to let go of the life we had planned in order to have the life we have waiting for us."
Hannig, 59, accepted one of the buyouts that Disney last month offered to more than 600 executives across its domestic theme-park division, as the Burbank, Calif.-based media-and-entertainment giant cuts costs amid a deepening global recession.