Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

The NeverEnding Story - gets a reboot?

Looks like The NeverEnding Story is up for a reboot as well:
    IGN: NeverEnding Story Never Ends

I wonder if they'll keep the theme song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=FkDe5XxV_Tk

As someone posted elsewhere:
    the title of the movie is false advertising; it ends at the 94 min mark.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Re: The NeverEnding Story - gets a reboot?

I really hope it goes into production because it's at least one of my top ten favorite books. In fact, I started reading it, again, in the beginning of February.

I enjoyed the first movie. The second movie was okay. Both of them had plot points from the book. I didn't watch the other movies, and I gave the series a chance. I think I watched an episode or two when it was on TV.

Since the script hasn't even been written, yet, I wonder what kind of ideas they have for a modern spin.

• Infinitized!

My biggest fear is that Falkor (and all the other cool caracters) will be all CGI.

• Senior Minion

I remember seeing the original movie at the cinema. For some reason it was accompanied by a Mister Magoo cartoon.

I can't say that this news excites me particularly.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

I love that movie! I'm excited with how great it could be but slightly terrified at how bad it could be too!

My best score ever!

there is no way it will be as good!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

While I think they will be able to do a lot more with special effects now than they did 20 some years ago, I have to agree with lesmisfan. Generally remakes, while technologically better, don't have the same camp appeal and feel of the original. It would be the same if they remade Labyrinth... sure it would look pretty, but sometimes the original is just the best, warts and all because of the history and emotions of seeing the first way.

Not that I won't watch a remake... coz I will... I just think it won't have the same visceral feel to it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Oh bother!

Why oh why must they continually mess with my childhood memories???
    Have enough creativity to make a new story - quit recycling (and wrecking) the old stuff!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Did anyone else think some of the concepts in the original were really adult for a kids movie? Like The Nothing being the bad guy? Like as a kid I never got really what that meant, but as an adult that's just spooky. And the horse dying... I don't know how they got away with showing that in a kids movie...It's going to be tamed for sure.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Did anyone else think some of the concepts in the original were really adult for a kids movie? Like The Nothing being the bad guy? Like as a kid I never got really what that meant, but as an adult that's just spooky. And the horse dying... I don't know how they got away with showing that in a kids movie...It's going to be tamed for sure.
    I can think of a few kid's movies that had some moments like that...Bambi, Old Yeller...

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

i love the original, i own the first 2 movies and the soundtrack to the first one, great score by Giorgio Moroder. my parents took me to see the first one when i was a kid, i remember acting out scenes from the movie in my room when i was little lol. mostly the part when Atreyu jumps between the two statues, i used to twin beds in my room as a kid and i pretended they were the statues lol. i so need to watch it again cuz now i forgot the name of those darn statues.

and Gmork always kinda seemed really scary to me as a kid, and Sirius Black as a Padfoot in Harry Potter 3 kinda reminds me of Gmork, his look i mean, even though Pad is cg.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

oh and i totally gotta read the book. how many NES books are there? i wasn't sure if the book had sequels to it.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Quote Originally Posted by american_werewolf View Post
    oh and i totally gotta read the book. how many NES books are there? i wasn't sure if the book had sequels to it.
    I'm fairly certain Michael Ende only wrote The Neverending Story. There is a series of novels called the "Legends of Fantastica" that started publication around 2003, but there are no plans to publish it in English (from the original German text).

Quote Originally Posted by honoraryhatter View Post
    I'm fairly certain Michael Ende only wrote The Neverending Story. There is a series of novels called the "Legends of Fantastica" that started publication around 2003, but there are no plans to publish it in English (from the original German text).
    oh ok, so theres basically just the one book then i guess. cuz i had wondered if NES 2 was based on a sequel book, or if it was based on some of the events from the first book or if it was its own new story just using characters from the book.

Lucas

• Iron-Clad Allie

Loved the movie and would definitely enjoy seeing a technologically advanced remake. However, "NeverEnding remakes kind of defeat the claimed purpose of it's theme. Would much rather see a sequel.

Incideantally, the warm hearted theme song has to be a part of the NeverEnding Story. Let's face it, the songs in The Whiz tritely pale in comparison with those of the original Wizard of Oz.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast