•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

NEW Harry Potter and Half Blood Prince Trailer!

New ‘Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince’ Trailer Showcases Dark Adventure
    Published by Brian Jacks on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 4:18 pm.

Today was a good day for muggles everywhere as Warner Bros. released a brand new trailer for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” the sixth film in the wildly successful fantasy franchise. In it, we get forecasting of a very dark future for Harry and the Hogwarts crew, and never-before-seen footage of Professor McGonagall, Narcissa Malfoy, Luna Lovegood.

MTV Movies Blog New ‘Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince’ Trailer Showcases Dark Adventure
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Rock Star Minion

Re: NEW Harry Potter and Half Blood Prince Trailer!

It looks pretty good, but there is so much in the books missing from the movies that are integral to the last book, that I worry about Movies 7a and 7b.

Even Dobby, missing from Movie 4 and probably from Movie 6, will cause a bit of a "why so serious?" moment. I hope Dobby and Kreacher (big missing scene in Movie 5) are given their due in movie 6, else it will look and feel very forced in Movies 7a and 7b.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

WOW! Some serious stuff going on! Thanks for the link.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The movies and the books are so far apart, I will have to do some watching, and some reading before the next movie comes out.

Thanks for the link. Each movie has it's own wonderful magic feel. They each get a bit more sophisticated than the one before.

Looks cool. Can't wait. One thing that was surprising to me was, this film got a PG rating as opposed to the last two movies that got PG-13.

• Disneyland PAP

I lost faith in the HP film series after they retained director David Yates to finish out the remaining films after what I felt was a soulless turn by him on Order of the Phoenix. The earlier teasers and trailers for Half-Blood Prince did nothing to cheer up my dour mood…until I saw this trailer. I now have a little hope that it might actually entertain me.

I think this will be another hit...Thanks for the link...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Every trailer I've seen for this film has been so exciting. And this trailer is just epic.

But I'm trying to refrain from getting excited and/or giddy because I know that the actual film will most likely be a complete botching of the book.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I hope this movie is as wonderful as the trailer makes it seem. But after the damage that has been done in the last films, I have little hope that the wrongs can be righted and this film can redeem the franchise.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

But I'm trying to refrain from getting excited and/or giddy because I know that the actual film will most likely be a complete botching of the book.
    I feel the EXACT same way! But even if the film botches the story (which I can't help but feel that it will), at least the trailers were amazing.

The other day I saw a trailer for the film (the one that's been out, but I hadn't seen all big and movie screen-y yet), and I just had absolute chills afterward. Then I realized the Dark Mark and its significance and the major loss from this book and realized that I am DEFINITELY going to be bringing tissues with me to the midnight showing. At Azkatraz. But even after all the cynicism in me in regards to how this film will be fleshed out from the book, I still just can't wait, honestly.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

The teasers and trailers for HBP make me really excited for the film. This one, in particular, was probably the strongest in the bunch (of HBP trailers). For me, I thought the book was really lacking because there was too much conversation and not enough detail like in the preceding books. This time, there's a chance that the film may be better than the book.

• Rock Star Minion

I like HBP book a lot. It is an important bridge to the final book, hence a lot of dialogue.
    The movie trailer (and the online spoilers) already shows a lot of veering from the book, which bodes unwell for the final book's conversion to screen.
    Quidditch will be good, though. Lots of snogging, too.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."