Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Disneynature's FIRST film, EARTH

Disney came out with a “nature” label for its film projects and I really like the direction they are taking the films. EARTH is the first feature film from the label and based on the trailer alone, it seems so cute with the adorable animals. I think it is very appropriate they are opening this film on Earth day!

• secure all cargo

Re: Disneynature's FIRST film, EARTH

This one seems interesting, might try to catch it in the theater.

• Seasick

The preview I saw looked like it was just a re-edit of footage from the Planet Earth TV series.

If that is the case, I have no interest. I like the concept though.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Hall Of Promise

I am not certain, but from what I've been told this film was shot in conjunction with Planet Earth. Some of the footage will be the same but I believe a lot of it was saved for this film. The trailer is a bit misleading too, as it shows the dancing bird, the diving baby duck, etc.; famous scenes from Planet Earth. However Earth is a documentary about the lives of three families, the elephant, the polar bear, and the humpback whale. No duckies or dancing birds in this feature, but maybe it will give nod to them during the film as it will most likely also talk about the Planet Earth series, and these films branching off from the series.

But for all I know, all six films may just be movie length version of what we have already seen on Planet Earth, just edited in a way to focus on different aspects of the series' content. Only time will tell.

• Banned User

You are exactly right MagicWDI. Some of the footage will be the similar to the PlanetEarth series, but most of the film will be new, never before seen scenes. When they shoot PlanetEarth I can't even imagine how they decide what film will make it in the short television show and what doesn't, so I am sure this movie will impress everyone!

Earth definitely focuses on the 3 animal families (elephants, polar bears and whales). I have faith that the movie will show a compelling story of these animals, making the audience feel truly connected with the lovable animals!

I am such a fan of the series, so I think this will be a more cohesive, feature length film, which I think will be nice and very enjoyable.

• Minion

Now see, Clairbear, your answer here is so much better than what someone said to me on your other thread, See a movie, plant a tree. I had asked if this was just Planet Earth on the big screen and they said, "Yeah, what did you think it was, a return to True Life Adventure?" Thank you for clearing that up, because now I'm interested in seeing it.
    I want my cake back!

• Banned User

seenoevil -- I am so glad I could clear up the confusion for you. I am just as excited as you are to see the movie. I actually landed advance screening passes for the movie for next week. I will come back and report how it was after I see it!

• The Darkness to Light

We got this trailer this weekend for our 2D cuts of Monsters vs. Aliens. (Don't know why it is in front of that film, but it is.)

And while it is impressive to see the Planet Earth footage on the big screen, I have to agree that the advertisements are very misleading.

My family owns the DVDs, and the special already features the three stories that the film will present in some fashion. If I remember correctly, the polar bear family and the whale family are looking for food while the elephant family is just doing their annual migration accross Africa. I don't know how they will expand on these stories short of an alternative narration and unused footage.

Either way, the way they are advertising it may actually hurt them. We'll see in about two weeks time (the week right after Disney dominates the box office numbers with Hannah Montana).
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

It looks amazing.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    We got this trailer this weekend for our 2D cuts of Monsters vs. Aliens. (Don't know why it is in front of that film, but it is.)
    Theater projectionist can put on any trailer they feel fits the film. I happened to put the trailer before Monsters vs. Aliens as well.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I saw the poster at one of the Disneyland Resort ticket booths. I find it odd how nowhere do they show an opening date.

Can someone give me the specifics? When Where? Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

It opens on Earth Day, April 22nd

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

I hope I can watch it...Looks interesting...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

The previews present the different regions and wildlife of our planet in a very robust and colorfully exciting manner. A Disney feature film documentary of this nature is something immensly special to look forward to.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    Theater projectionist can put on any trailer they feel fits the film. I happened to put the trailer before Monsters vs. Aliens as well.
    I figured as much, but I don't see this being much of a family film. In fact at that scale? I see a lot of parents falling asleep to the narration of James Earl Jones and Patrick Stewert.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast