Re: The Walt Disney Shareholders Meeting LIVE! comments

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    "Mr.Iger your the best! You are worth every PENNY!"

Where do they find these people?
    Isn't Family and Friends owning stock great
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

You know instead of letting kids ask stuff like "Why did Walt Disney CREATE walt disney?"

Someone could be asking what the status is on Star Tours 2 and Tomorrowland

Thank you, I was too afraid to post that. Perhaps the parents should have kept him in school today for English class.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi View Post
    Thank you, I was too afraid to post that. Perhaps the parents should have kept him in school today for English class.
    I swear to God they do this intentionally so that they dont get any hard questions.

Another kid. People, these folks are "Captians of Industry" in their fields. We are talking about money here. Please do not belittle them by having little Stacy stand up and ask a silly question like when is Cars 2 coming out and who will be in it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi View Post
    Another kid. People, these folks are "Captians of Industry" in their fields. We are talking about money here. Please do not belittle them by having little Stacy stand up and ask a silly question like when is Cars 2 coming out and who will be in it.
    They shouldnt even be given a microphone unless their over 16.

IF they really want kids to talk make a kids question section at the end so we can all log off and not waste time.

Thats what I hate about Disney shareholder meetings they don't get normal people asking good questions. They get loons and kids.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Ok, that's it folks, once again, a reminder that a replay of the event will be available shortly and will remain available for the next few days at the link...

The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies - Calendar of Events
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Well, didn't hear much about the future of Disneyland, though I guess that was last years news. It's been fun.

Wait... No recurring crazy rambling lady? Was she not there or did they finally wise up?

^^No need, the Borelli incident was uncomfortable enough. After his "speech" he went to shake Bob's hand, Bob didn't shake it (I don't blame him) and Borelli went back to the mic and proclaimed that Iger just told him to "F@$% off!"

The audience was definitely uncomfortable with the situation and it wasn't pleasant for the little ones who were present. Iger, who was seated near the stage, immediately left and went backstage.

Borelli is an idiot and his proposal was just as much of a disaster as it was last year.

They previewed the latest trailer for UP, which was released online a few days ago. The audience responded extremely well.

The highlight, for me, was The Princess and the Frog segment. It was refreshing to see this incredible animation back on the big screen and the Frog Prince was hilarious! The comedic timing between both Tiana and the Frog when they first meet was genius.

Looking forward to both.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I was unable to attend the shareholder meeting, but I would like to see the next one be in anaheim.
    Last edited by disneyfan07; 03-11-2009 at 09:13 PM.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I voted online by proxyvote. And I did not vote for a few of the current board members (yeah, I'm lookin at YOU, Iger)
    I agree with the whole thing about letting children ask questions. I honestly don't even think minors belong at a shareholders' meeting. It's just too condescendingly "awww, we just LOVE the lil ones! Now shaddup and buy something, you lil consumer, you"

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Chuck O is extremly unprofessional.

"Hurrrr Mr.Iger sir if someone said that to me I would have knocked him on his feet"
    I wasn't able to listen to the meeting live, so I'm listening to the re-play now... I thought Chuck O was more professional than Borelli. Borelli was simply embarassing. AS IF the release of the Path to 9/11 will really cure any potential or current financial problems Disney is having or will face due to the current recession. This guy wants it released for political reasons, and he should own that -- he shouldn't try to make his argument sound better by saying that Disney is being careless with Shareholder money because they aren't releasing this ONE thing. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    ^^No need, the Borelli incident was uncomfortable enough. After his "speech" he went to shake Bob's hand, Bob didn't shake it (I don't blame him) and Borelli went back to the mic and proclaimed that Iger just told him to "F@$% off!"

The audience was definitely uncomfortable with the situation and it wasn't pleasant for the little ones who were present. Iger, who was seated near the stage, immediately left and went backstage.

Borelli is an idiot and his proposal was just as much of a disaster as it was last year.

They previewed the latest trailer for UP, which was released online a few days ago. The audience responded extremely well.

The highlight, for me, was The Princess and the Frog segment. It was refreshing to see this incredible animation back on the big screen and the Frog Prince was hilarious! The comedic timing between both Tiana and the Frog when they first meet was genius.

Looking forward to both.
    I wish I could have been there for the Borelli incident. I don't blame Iger for not shaking his hand either. Borelli... what a jerk.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

No one asked the annual "Song of the South" question?

• Banned User

who is borelli?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast