Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Shubisha

Re: The Walt Disney Shareholders Meeting LIVE! comments

It seems odd that Iger is always willing to admit how much they hit a nerve by closing VMK but not sound committed to finding another venture for something similar which is a bit less costly or even profitable. I didn't care for VMK in its existing state but man it had an impact with online teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    who is borelli?
    Tom Borelli represented the Free Enterprise Action Fund and wanted Disney to release The Path to 9/11 DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I thought Chuck O was more professional than Borelli. Borelli was simply embarassing
    I agree.

I think his proposal is interesting and I am sure there are good reasons as to why it should and should not be released. My problem is, if he was trying to influence millions of voters to approve of his proposal, he blew it. Not only for this meeting but any future meetings that he may show up in.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Disney Store CM

I was at the meeting and even if Iger was mad at Borelli he should of not said what he did. I felt slapped in the face myself. Here Iger was saying earlier that Disney is about family and values then later he lets the "F word" fly. I guess that is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yensid2 View Post
    I was at the meeting and even if Iger was mad at Borelli he should of not said what he did. I felt slapped in the face myself. Here Iger was saying earlier that Disney is about family and values then later he lets the "F word" fly. I guess that is reality.
    So I am asuming that you were close enough to hear Iger actually say this? Otherwise, you are putting faith into a gentleman who had his own hidden agenda that Iger really did say what he said.

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Yensid2 View Post
    Hang on a minute - did you hear, with your own ears, Bob Iger drop an f-bomb on Mr. Borelli? If you didnt, then it's just Mr Borelli's word and NOT reality.

Having said that, if Borelli was telling the truth (the faulty logic and convolution of his presentation significantly damages his credibility, however) it was a person-to-person moment. Distasteful and unprofessional to be sure, if it actually happened. But man to man. Borelli broadcast it to a crowd that included children, the clumsy moron. Kudos to the technical director for leaving the mic turned off at that moment.

Chuck's comment during the Q&A brought levity and was appreciated, and I told him so as I left the meeting - What Chuck possibly didn't see was that Mr Borelli stood up and encouraged Chuck to approach him when Chuck said he would have "knocked him on his rear end." This further characterizes Borelli as a hot-headed nut-job.

I found the Borelli incident amusing and interesting as "theater" (I was actually a tiny bit disappointed that Evelyn Davis did not also put on a show) but was disgusted that it occurred in the presence of children. And whether Iger said what he's accused of or not, it was Borelli who created an uncomfortable situation for everyone.

• The Z is the new E ticket

I was about 5 feet from Iger and could not hear him but I could see them whispering and Borelli trying aggressively to force Iger to shake his hand. I think Iger said that (or something) to get Borelli's hand out of his face. I don't know if anyone saw Iger storm out. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the board members when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    I was about 5 feet from Iger and could not hear him but I could see them whispering and Borelli trying aggressively to force Iger to shake his hand. I think Iger said that (or something) to get Borelli's hand out of his face. I don't know if anyone saw Iger storm out. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the board members when he left.
    Is that a picture of you with Lasseter? If so, I think I helped push you up through the theatre after the meeting.

Who knows what Iger could have said but I am reluctant to take Borelli's word for it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    No one asked the annual "Song of the South" question?
    to that I say DARN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    Is that a picture of you with Lasseter? If so, I think I helped push you up through the theatre after the meeting.

Who knows what Iger could have said but I am reluctant to take Borelli's word for it.

Yes that is me. And thank you for pushing me up the ramp, my mom's back was hurting.

I am also reluctant to believe Borelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    Yes that is me. And thank you for pushing me up the ramp, my mom's back was hurting.

I am also reluctant to believe Borelli.
    My pleasure, glad I can help.

What were everyone's thoughts on the the Princess and the Frog clip? I'm excited not just that it is hand drawn but also for the look and the story. Were those stills from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in the video?

As I wrote earlier in the thread, the Princess and the frog clip was the highlight of the meeting. The frog was incredibly entertaining.

Yes to the stills of Alice in Wonderland. Plus some from The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Prince of Persia.

now if only people would get the names of the castles correct. I cringed at the lady that said she has had Disney history in her life for over 50 years and then calls the Sleeping Beauty castle Cinderella's Castle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345