• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Pixar Animation Studios Special Pre-Release Screening of "Up" Benefiting the Emery Ed

I was just sent the following from Pixar and the Emery Ed fund.

I'd like to go, but who the heck has that kind of disposable income in this economy?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Pixar Animation Studios Special Pre-Release Screening of "Up" Benefiting the Emer

Still debating on whether or not to go.

I have gone to see Ratatouille and Wall-E the last couple of years but times are a little different right now. I would also like to see the expansion they are doing at the studio.

There is a D23 event for the screening of UP that may be a lot more cost effective to attend but they have not released the details yet.

What to do, what to do..?
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Pixar Animation Studios Special Pre-Release Screening of "Up" Benefiting the Emer

I cannot wait to see this movie! When I saw Bolt in 3-D, they had previews for this movie...yayayayyay!

If you can't attend this event, here is another one that my wife and I will be attending:

Up - San Francisco Film Society

Pete Docter (USA, 2009) 90 min

Associate Producers Jim Morris and Denise Ream expected to attend
    The latest from the creative geniuses at Disney-Pixar is Up, a comedy adventure in which 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has somehow been stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic eight-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell. Directed by the Academy Award–nominated Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc.), Up is a riotous romp into a lost world, with the least likely duo on Earth.

Tickets are $100 members, $125 general, $250 VIP. Member and general tickets include the screening and prereception. VIP tickets include reserved seating in the theater and a special prereception with a guided tour of the Pixar facility.

Monday, May 11. Screening: 7:30pm; General reception: 6:30pm; VIP reception: 6:00pm
    Pixar Animation Studios, 1200 Park Avenue, Emeryville, California 94608
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney