Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's a great book!!
    I haven't been able to put it down.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville

Like if i was Eisner I'd have that Avitar! Disner? I'd have one that said Eisney!
    Wait a minute.....In the book didn't Eisner say he thought of himself as Disney's heir? So if he thought of himself as Disney's heir then Disner wouldn't be too far off the mark. You're Eisner, I knew it
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Wannabe Aviator!

Just got it. So far so good. Will give you my thoughts when I am done.
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

• Saddlesore Swanson
    I was a little creeped out by how Eisner likes to point out to people the similarity/connection between his surname and Disney's...

• Practically Perfect

I'm a little slow juming on the bandwagon...I just got it this last week. I haven't had a lot of time to read it, but I already am not to thrilled with Eisner...

• Where's my other cent?

I've read this book twice. Fantastic. And horrible. It is hard to figure out just how much of this is true. I would be curious to know what other ceo's think of this.

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    Yeah- I am not sure what I feel about it- I am about on pg 350 and I can't decide how much is true...although i can't stop from reading it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Finished it a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't put it down. Read it in 3 days. A must for every Disneyphile.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Feel the breeze!

I read it in February or March. I read it quite quickly as well.

How correct is it? I would not be surprised to find out pretty darned so.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Just ordered my copy today, but won't be here until late May, only because I order a hard to find edition of a Walt Disney biography.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Look.....at......me!

I loved this book. Is it just me, or did it surprise anybody else how much gossip and backstabbing and childish behavior goes on at that level of business? I am naive about this I'm sure, but I guess I just expected that people who have made their way that far in the world would know how to deal with people better than that. Eisner seems like a high schooler in how he talks to everybody about the person he has a problem with except that person. Doesn't seem like a good way to do business, or to live.

• Having a Grand Day!

I picked mine up yesterday at Borders. Havent put it down.

We got jipped when it came to covers... it's a bland red with a standard TrueType font heading, followed with what seemes to be three bombs in the shape of Mickey's head. It's also a paperback :x.

• Minion

I read this book and while I was reading it, thought to myself, "No way all of this can be true." James Stewart had no personal motivation to paint Eisner and his goons in a negative light. He had no motivation to take sides. He began his story years prior to 9/11 and was there during the Eisner/Roy crisis. He was granted access to thousands of documents, employees (past and present), boardroom and executive office discussions, including joining Eisner on trips, and the biggest point of all:

Disney (i.e., "Eisney" and his puppets), known for their aggressiveness to topple anything that remotely appears negative to 'their' organization, has not made any real attempt to rebut the book. There hasn't appeared to be any attempt to refute any of the information presented in the book. With all of their money and owning a media conglomerate, I would think if the information was NOT true, there would have been a lawsuit or at least a public display of its innaccuracies.

I believe what I read in the book. It was a fascinating, quick read.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast