View Poll Results: What's The Best Movie Series Franchise Of All Time? (non-horror)

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Godfather

7 18.92%
  • Star Wars

18 48.65%
  • James Bond 007

3 8.11%
  • Mad Max Series (w/Mel Gibson)

0 0%
  • Star Trek

1 2.70%
  • Mission Impossible

0 0%
  • Lord of the Rings

15 40.54%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

5 13.51%
  • Harry Potter

5 13.51%
  • The Fast & The Furious

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

What Do You Think Is The Best Movie (or Movie Series) Of All Time?

Hello all!

I wanted to make this without a poll, because there was just too many movies, but then I thought of some of the series that has come out. From Star Wars & Godfather, to Pirates and Harry Potter. So share your opinion on what you think is the best movie of all time, and even the best movie franchise series of all time. If there is one I accidentally left out, my apologies in advance, I probably didn't think about it.

A Couple Notes:

You will notice when it comes to series, and I mean movies that have had 3 or more sequels, I am leaving out any Disney animated movies that ended up being straight to dvd release.

When trying to brainstorm on movie series, and asking Becka to help, she started naming off a bunch of horror franchises. So I have created a separate thread and poll. It can be viewed here.

And there were a few that I probably could have mentioned, but I honestly feel just aren't worthy to make it to the top ten. These being Naked Gun, Police Academy, Scary Movie. Well, maybe I could've had Police Academy instead of Fast & Furious, but I didn't think of PA until after I submitted the poll. Sorry.

Also, I haven't included Narnia or Twilight here, because though they are a series, they are too new and haven't had enough editions out yet to qualify as an official series yet.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 03-23-2009 at 10:54 AM.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Re: What Do You Think Is The Best Movie (or Movie Series) Of All Time?

I definetly say the godfather, just because of the brillent acting in the first two originals,and the authincitey of mobsters in those days. I just loved the story telling of how this boy became the most respected man in the mob world.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Fortuosity!

No Indiana Jones or Back to the Future? For me it would be one of those (even if Part 2 is dull for me and I'd rather forget Indy 4).

Have yet to see parts 2 and 3 of Godfather so can't comment yet on those, but I have a feeling when I do see them I'll at least like the 2nd one.

I view franchises as a whole so if a 1/3rd or whatever isn't very good I won't count it as a favorite. That's probably why I like Indy best as it, for me, gets better with each film (but that stopped with the 4th one).
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Angie_Duke View Post
    No Indiana Jones or Back to the Future? For me it would be one of those (even if Part 2 is dull for me and I'd rather forget Indy 4).

Have yet to see parts 2 and 3 of Godfather so can't comment yet on those, but I have a feeling when I do see them I'll at least like the 2nd one.

I view franchises as a whole so if a 1/3rd or whatever isn't very good I won't count it as a favorite. That's probably why I like Indy best as it, for me, gets better with each film (but that stopped with the 4th one).
    I smacked myself in the forehead with a loud resounding DOH!!!!

As I stated in the original post, there were to be ones I forgot or didn't think about. And these were two of them, and there will probably be more.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm going with Godfather. Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones are a very close 2 and 3.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I said Star Wars, even though Episodes 2 & 3 were just so-so. If Back To The Future was on there, then that would've definitely been my vote.

• Disneyland PAP

No one voted for it yet, so I decided to give some love to Star Trek. Actually, it was the first one I wanted to vote for, so I decided to stick with it. As a whole, counting the first six movies with the classic crew, it did a fairly decent job of telling its own self-contained story. If Back to the Future were on the list, I might've voted for it instead.

My thoughts on the other choices…

Counting only episodes 4-6, then Star Wars might've gotten my vote. The prequel trilogy watered it down some.
    Didn't vote for Harry Potter because the series isn't finished yet.
    I'm surprised I didn't vote for Lord of the Rings, but I've read more Trek stuff then Rings books, so I suppose no real surprise there.
    I see the Bond series as two series now, Before Craig and Since Craig. The films B.C. varied in quality, making them average overall. The S.C. films aren't a series yet by the OP's definition.
    It's been a long while since I've seen the Godfather films, and I'm not in any real rush to either.
    The Indy films were great fun, but not the best film series compared to the other choices.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I don't know...you have my four favorites...

The Godfather

POTC

Bond. James Bond

Indy Jones

but..there's glitches with each.

The Godfather 3 is best left forgotten. Let's pretend it was never made

POTC.....I don't care for two. I know...I'm weird. I love Jack's part...Davy Jones just gives me the creeps.

James Bond...can we forget about Roger Moore....PLEASE? Sean Connery Bond's just can't be beat.

Indy Jones...yeah... Indy 4....let's put that in the "forget" capsule with Godfather 3.

Out of those...despite glitches....POTC, or Indy.

• Circle of Ancients

I don't know if I can vote in a poll for best movie series that has no Back to the Future or Indy, but has Fast in the Furious and Mad Max.

That said, gotta go with Godfather, Indy, BTTF, Lord of the Rings, James Bond and Star Wars. (not in that order BTW).

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Lord of the Rings. I know, I'm a dyed in the wool POTC fan, but I have to be honest and say LOTR was a more consistent, quality series from beginning to end. I adore Dr. Jones as well, but the second installment was just bad, and the fourth almost doesnt count.
    Then there's The Godfather. While I can recognize its merits, I absolutely despise all 3 films.

• Animation Domination

I'll have to go with Star Wars, except Episode I and II.
    "You are watching FOX"

• or CBF

Back to the Future, definitely.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The original Star Wars trilogy.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Bladerunner - Director's cut
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I don't know if I can vote in a poll for best movie series that has no Back to the Future or Indy, but has Fast in the Furious and Mad Max.

That said, gotta go with Godfather, Indy, BTTF, Lord of the Rings, James Bond and Star Wars. (not in that order BTW).
    Yes I'm still kicking myself that I forgot those two.

But get back to me when Micechat has the ability to edit poll options once posted, and then we'll talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast