Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Three Stooges movie...

It's a wonder, if they will show the other Stooges too. Like Shemp or do I have to say it? joe.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If he were my client, I would tell Jim not to take the role.

it's not worth the damage to your health to gain 40-50 lbs.

Even if you lose the weight quickly, what long term problems will you have? Jim's set for life financially, I'd say don't take any years off your lifespan to do a movie.

If Brad Pitt could be 80 years old in the Curious Case of BB, why can't they make Jim fat in post production?

I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie. It's hard to duplicate the Stooge's magic, I reckon.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Benicio looks like a gorilla.
    That's a big part of what I like about him ..that big bushy head of freaky looking hair. All he would ned to do is stick an upsidedown bowl over his head ..and then cut his own hair while following the edges of the bowl. That's how the original Mo Howard came to have his famous dew. BeniciMo is perfect for the role.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    If he were my client, I would tell Jim not to take the role.

it's not worth the damage to your health to gain 40-50 lbs.

Even if you lose the weight quickly, what long term problems will you have? Jim's set for life financially, I'd say don't take any years off your lifespan to do a movie.

If Brad Pitt could be 80 years old in the Curious Case of BB, why can't they make Jim fat in post production?
    Agreed. Jim should consider the long term health consequences of self-induced obesity. Afterall, they've been making people fat in post production for some time.

* Eddy Murphy as the Nutty Professor.

* That Fat ******* from Austin Powers in Goldmember.

* The Stay Puff Marshmallow Man that stomped through the streets in Ghostbusters ..rest his sole. Poor guy died immediately following post production. In place of a proper funeral, the actors and production staff wantonly feasted on his gooey, marshmallowy remains.

* Of course, who could forget Rosie O'Donnell as Betty Rubble in the Flintstones? Wait! Silly me. She's a skanky freakin' fat b**** in real life. LOL!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-28-2009 at 12:13 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by whamo View Post
    I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie. It's hard to duplicate the Stooge's magic, I reckon.
    Judge not lest ye be judged.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I just read that piece of who they would think to play Larry Fine. I think Sean Penn would be a interesting Larry Fine and I could see Sean Penn giving a great performance as Larry too. As, I type. I do hope he gets it.

Now, for Moe. Though he wouldn't look the part. But I keep joking to myself that I think it should goto Howard Stern. Just because Howard Stern has the behavior of Moe. But seriously, I don't know. That's a toss up right now.
    Very good observation, Haley. Come to think of it, Larry was more of a straight guy that served to make Mo and Curly Jo look even more over the top hillarious. He was like Lou Costello to two Bud Abbots ..or Hardy to two Stan Laurels ..or Dean Martin to two Jerry Lewis', who produced Eddy Murphy's Netty Professor film (a remake of his own '60s flck) Whew! Guess we went "fool" circle.

Anynyuck ..Penn resembles Larry (just add wig and make-up), plus his voice is similar ..kind of tenor. I can even see where Carey can be madeover to bear a close resemblance to Curly Jo. After all, Jim didn't just look like the Grinch ..he became the Grinch.

Problem might be his voice. In order for his pipes to emulate the suprano-like voice of Curley, it seems to me that he would have to throw his voice, using falsetto. Guess computerized voice imaging effects could help, too. With Jim's wide ranging talents, it would not surprise me if he could pull this rabbit out of the hat ..one way or the other.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It's a wonder, if they will show the other Stooges too. Like Shemp or do I have to say it? joe.
    Thought it funny when I once herd Shemp described by a film critic as the Stooge that nobody liked. As I have rethought my opinion as to who should play Larry and Currly Jo,

I think Ben would best fit the role of Shemp. Vin would be the perfect candidate to play Moe ..Vin Diesel. His voice is similar, and even uses some of Moe's tough guy style in his speech characteristics. That's a wrap. All we've got to do now is convince the producers and Mr. Diesel.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Thought it funny when I once herd Shemp described by a film critic as the Stooge that nobody liked. As I have rethought my opinion as to who should play Larry and Currly Jo,
    Really? I met a couple that liked Shemp before and didn't mind him . Shemp was alright to me. He just could never compare to Curly. I don't think anyone could.

But, I really couldn't stand Joe Besser. He would annoy me and I wouldn't even bother watching the whole skit. He would make it lame.

I don't know Curly Jo that much. Only from those cartoons they use to make is all I remember while he was around. Just Moe & Larry would get the attention in the cartoons.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Really? I met a couple that liked Shemp before and didn't mind him . Shemp was alright to me. He just could never compare to Curly. I don't think anyone could.

But, I really couldn't stand Joe Besser. He would annoy me and I wouldn't even bother watching the whole skit. He would make it lame.

I don't know Curly Jo that much. Only from those cartoons they use to make is all I remember while he was around. Just Moe & Larry would get the attention in the cartoons.
    Nobody could compare to Curly. He was the funniest man alive during his era. Suppose it might be said that Shemp aved the Stooges ..following Curly's death. Wouldn't be anything wrong with adding a forth Stooge in his honor to the coming film.

• Delawarean Girl

Nobody could compare to Curly. He was the funniest man alive during his era. Suppose it might be said that Shemp aved the Stooges ..following Curly's death. Wouldn't be anything wrong with adding a forth Stooge in his honor to the coming film.
    Plus, Shemp's death is pretty sad and then they were saying there was a "Fake Shemp". They should include the death.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Plus, Shemp's death is pretty sad and then they were saying there was a "Fake Shemp". They should include the death.
    This would certainly make the movie interesting. As the Stooges have always been a hilarious farce ..Shemp would keep raising up from his casket and rudely interupting his funeral.

• Delawarean Girl

This would certainly make the movie interesting. As the Stooges have always been a hilarious farce ..Shemp would keep raising up from his casket and rudely interupting his funeral.
    What can I say to a post like that one. But....

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...ge=gr&GRid=511

• Senior Minion

I am disturbed to see that I seem to be the only one here who considers this to be a horrible, horrible idea that can only result in a celuloid abomination similar to this one...

IMDb Video: The All New Adventures of Laurel and Hardy - For Love or Mummy

Oh for the sake of all that is sacred!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Still lost in Neverland

No you are not. You must have missed my post back on page one. I think the idea is stupid and that trailer for Laurel & Hardy is like a nightmare coming true. OMG!!! That is the worst piece of tripe I have ever seen. WHY oh WHY do they keep on doing this dreck. Only the Stooges could do a proper Stooge Movie and Laurel and Hardy cannot in any way be duplicated and to try to do so is plagiarism taken to it's final platou. And those who pay to see either of these peices of crud, I guess you just have no regard for the orgingals and more money than you know what to do with.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast