Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Three Stooges movie...

So I was listening to my fave morning show today and they were talking about the new Three Stooges movies and the possible actors up for the roles. Now, I'm not a huge Stooges fan, but even I cannot see Sean Penn as Larry or Benecio Del Toro as Moe. At all. Jim Carrey is slated for the part of Curly and has stated he is committed to gaining 40/50lbs for the role. With Carrey's rubber face and his ability for slapstick comedy I can see that. But the other two? No way.

What do you think? And who do you suggest for the roles of Larry & Moe? The guys on the radio show had suggested Seth Rogen for Larry.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Three Stooges movie...

I think Benecio Del Toro has the acting chops to do this kind of comedy. Sean Penn...maybe. Can't make that call. I'm not sure I like Jim Carrey for 'Curly', though. When Jim's on screen, it can be hard to see the character through Jim's antics.

• What do u mean u people?

I actually think this cast would be rather brilliant. Benecio was hysterical in Fear and Loathing and also in Snatch. While not drop to the floor hysterical, it was smart humor. And he does well at getting into characters.

Sean Penn? While comedy doesnt come to mind right away for most, he is one of the best working actors today. It's funny I actually see Sean Penn as Larry as making the most sense of the three. With the crazy hair and all I think he will do superb.

The only one I actually have an issue with is Jim Carrey. Don't get me wrong, he is great, but more times than not you see his movies and go, hey that's Jim Carrey. Know what I mean? Like the Tom Cruise syndrome. Tom Cruise could play anyone but when you watch it you still say, that's Tom Cruise. The only exception was when he was in Tropic Thunder. In which he totally lost himself in the role and, fat suit makeup aside, you could actually say, I don't think thats Tom Cruise. If Jim Carrey can pull that off with Curly, then I think this film has a casting trifecta!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

We heard this on the radio this morning also and my husband was kind of excited to see Jim Carrey as Curley. No comments on the other 2, not sure how well that will work out.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

What I understand, this is not a bio-pic but a 'New' Stooges farce. Brilliant cast. For those who doubt Sean Penns comedy skills go rent Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

I hope it's funny, it's hard to replicate the originals.

• Banned User

I will need to see a trailer for this to see if these actors fit the roles. I think it will be an enjoyable movie regardless though.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Carrey....I can see. The other two.....nah.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I thought these were ALL strange choices

And after looking at this picture, I see Larry in Sean, although
    I really wonder how much of a comedic performer he is.

Ben does look a little like, Moe, too. But I'm not familiar with
    his performances at all.

As for Jim, even if he put on 40 to 50 lbs, he STILL won't be
    as round a Curly should be. Jim would need to put more like
    80 to 120 lbs to even begin to be the right, uhm, stature. And
    even then, I see him more as an annoying Curly, rather than
    the fun loving Curly we all love.

• Delawarean Girl

I love the idea for a Three Stooges movie. But there choices of cast, I don't know. I don't think Jim Carrey would make a great Curly. But I can't think of any actor that might be great to do that role either.

For right now, I keep picturing that boy that played "Larry Kubiac" in that old Fox show "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". I keep thinking he would look more like a Curly, but I don't know about now.

Here's his picture: http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_zRP8.../kubiac0kj.jpg

Abraham Benrubi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Abraham Benrubi is the guy, I'm thinking of.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I think Sean Penn as Larry is a brilliant casting choice. The rest . . . not sure.

Of course I'm one of the few men on the planet over age 30 who doesn't really like the 3 Stooges, so what do I know?

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I've been anxiously anticipating this film coming in 2010!

Just wish producers Peter and Bobby Farrelly would look to gifted unknowns to assume the roles of Larry, Moe and Curly Jo. There was a wonderful comedic team that mimicked the Three Stooges so convincingly that I found it hard to believe they hadn't come back to life. They each looked the same, acted the same, and even souded identical. The script was hilarious ..and their skit took place in the present.

Seeking actors from the A List is a bad idea in my opinion ..and so utterly predictable. Prior to landing their contract, things didn't work out at two major studios. One would think they would give some unknowns a chance. Look at the cast of Friends. Who knew little if anything about any of them before that show? I'll feel like I'm watching SeanP, BeniciMo and Curly Jim Bo pretend to be the Stooges. They are simply too familiar. This means that at no point in the film would I actually be able to become emersed in the fantasy.

On top of that, I have never seen Sean Penn in a slap stick comedy, nor have I seen him in any role where he has come across funny ..not in the least. I know my appraisal of Penn may be a moot pont with some.

Benicio Del Toro looks funny. Come to think of it, I really don't know who on Earth he is. Maybe he works for me after all. If all three actors portray Stooges, I hope that BeniciMo slaps the crap out of Penn and knocks the "nyuck" out of Carey!

That's my view ..and I hope it comes true.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-26-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Delawarean Girl

I just read that piece of who they would think to play Larry Fine. I think Sean Penn would be a interesting Larry Fine and I could see Sean Penn giving a great performance as Larry too. As, I type. I do hope he gets it.

Now, for Moe. Though he wouldn't look the part. But I keep joking to myself that I think it should goto Howard Stern. Just because Howard Stern has the behavior of Moe. But seriously, I don't know. That's a toss up right now.

• secure all cargo

Yeah, I wonder about the casting myself. But, if these three guys are Stooges fans, then I think that's a pretty good start.

• Still lost in Neverland

WHY??? Why bother making a movie with the Three Stooges when they aren't The Three Stooges. A bio OK, but that's already been done. I just don't get the reason for remaking a Stooge film. It's like the horrible Pink Panther movies without Peter Sellers. When is Hollywood (or anyone else for that matter) going to start making new original movies again. I am so sick of remakes of movies that weren't all that great to begin with. And before someone says it, No! I do not go to see them. I just have to put up with the insufferable Trailers.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Benicio looks like a gorilla.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast