Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Je-Knee Dis-Knee

Re: Walt Disney Family Museum

Quote Originally Posted by Gothemi View Post
    I couldn't believe that view either. I am glad you got a photo of it. Was it just me or should the TVs in that room have been facing you as you walk down the hall instead of turning around? I hope somebody was able to sneak a pic of that the "Walt's Disneyland" model. You can look over that thing for hours and find new things.
    They said it was on purpose to keep the flow of traffic moving... crowd control so to speak... then they said later on you can come back and see the tvs backwards! UHHHHH so you would rather us walk fast through that area... maybe not even knowing the tvs exist (i only saw them cause just like in disneyland everything has a purpose so of course i looked...backwards haha) and then come back to have traffic jam central of people backtrackin...doesnt make much sense to me *shrug*

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney Legend Floyd Norman:

"...LucasFilm is located at the Presidio in San Francisco, not far from the Walt Disney Family Museum, and that’s where I’ll be headed on Tuesday.

Diane Disney Miller has already hosted a Museum reception for special guests this past Friday, and my friend, Didier Ghez arranged a special lunch this past Saturday. Unfortunately, I had other commitments, and could not be there until this week.

Then on Wednesday, we’re having breakfast with some old friends, and then we’ll be headed across the bay to Pixar Animation Studios for meetings."
    mr.fun

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jennowned View Post
    They said it was on purpose to keep the flow of traffic moving... crowd control so to speak... then they said later on you can come back and see the tvs backwards! UHHHHH so you would rather us walk fast through that area... maybe not even knowing the tvs exist (i only saw them cause just like in disneyland everything has a purpose so of course i looked...backwards haha) and then come back to have traffic jam central of people backtrackin...doesnt make much sense to me *shrug*
    Haven't you ever heard of the "backside of museum" before?

I think the video setup was done that way for aesthetic reasons. The gallery was "Walt and the Natural World," so the designers wanted to give it as natural a look as possible. All you see when you enter the room is a sculpted white wall on the right and that fantastic view of the Bay on the left, unencumbered by any "unnatural" elements. We're all curious, so spotting the hidden video monitors wasn't a stretch. I liked it.

• time to go

I attempted to start a new thread last night, and it somehow disappeared into the net ether. Oh well, I'll try again.

Last night on the local CBS station in the Bay Area, Eye on the Bay featured the museum for the entire show. They had a brief history of the museum, why they chose the Presidio for its location, including footage of the construction for the past two years, with the show's host walking through the old Army barracks with Diane Miller, getting an initial tour with blueprints in hand, describing where the exhibits would be located.

It also featured discussions with Diane about her father, as well as interviews with John Lasseter about Disney's legacy. Sections of the museum were highlighted by Diane and the museum's director. The main room with the Lilly Belle and Disneyland were featured, which is rightfully a point of pride for all associated with the museum.

The film crew also visited the local design group which built the Walt's Disneyland model, earlier this year. It was cool to see Diane Miller's initial reaction to the completed model, with Tony Baxter standing nearby for the unveiling. (I'm assuming Tony served as some kind of content expert for the model designers.)

The show keeps an online video archive of past shows. This episode has not been added to the archive yet, but hopefully it will be available in the near future.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The CBS "Sunday Morning" show did a great piece on the museum yesterday morning as well (I love that show and have always thought it was among the "best kept secrets" on TV).
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

OPENING DAY!

Museum Review | Walt Disney Family Museum
    Exploring the Man Behind the Animation

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/01/ar...sney.html?_r=1

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Disney Legend Floyd Norman's special report:

DISNEY'S LAND
    Hollywood has its star-studded events, but this time around, animation can bask in its premiere event as well.

Like Hollywood, the stars of the animation world were all in attendance at this gala event. I’ll name some of them in the order we met when entering the museum. Don Hahn, Henry Selick, John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Pete Docter and Andrew Stanton. Of course, there were many more attending the preview and party hosted by Walt Disney’s daughter, Diane Disney Miller. We chatted with Historian, Charles Solomon and television host and author, Leonard Maltin. We spoke with Disney CEO, Bob Iger as he arrived at the Gala.

And, speaking of Diane Disney Miller, this was a labor of love and a fitting tribute to her incredible father. Those of us who were able to contribute to this remarkable museum were certainly delighted to see everything come together on this magical evening.

Those of you who were never able to meet or work with The Old Maestro can now gain a better understanding of the special gentleman who is too often viewed as an icon. Walt Disney’s genius enriched all our lives, and this Family Museum is a fitting tribute to a remarkable American success story.
    mr.fun

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345