• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Your All Time Favorite Wedding in Movies, TV, Play or other

I'm watching Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, besides being one of my all time favorite movies, it has my favorite wedding, between Wil and Elizabeth. I loved seeing it again, just as much at the first several times. What a brilliant idea to have their wedding in the midst of a battle, and Babossa officiating! "I'm a little busy, now" and "Just kiss". Really, it was a perfect pirate wedding!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Your All Time Favorite Wedding in Movies, TV, Play or other

I would vote for the wedding of Ted and Georgette Baxter on the Mary Tyler Moore show. It was hastily arranged in Mary's apartment. John Ritter played the minister, who was still in his tennis outfit, I believe performing his first marriage ceremony. (Ritter, by the way, also played a "man of the cloth" on The Waltons in his pre-"Three's Company" Days.)

Lou (Ed Asner) had been playing raquetball I believe, and Murray (Gavin McLeod) was coaching something or other and had dirt all over him.

The scene was just a classic...including the late Ted Knight, and Georgia Engel, who later played the role of Robert's mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond".

Come to think of it, Robert's marriage to Amy on that show is great too.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• secure all cargo

Probably Father of the Bride. Very classic.
    Or maybe Humperdink and Buttercup's non-wedding in The Princess Bride.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

This is such a great question! I need to think about my answer first, and I'll come back.
    A signature should go here.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I've always wondered about the wedding scene in The Sound Of Music, "Why are they sining 'How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria'?"

When I was little I thought the nuns were making fun of her. Now that I'm an adult I suppose that this scene is an answer to the lyrics of the song. At least that's what makes most sense.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

My favorite Weddinng in a movie is a tied between father of the bride and my best firend's wedding. Those are two of the most funniest and sweet wedding movies (imo)
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Disappearing/Reappearing

WHAT? Noone mentioned Steel Magnolias? I'm shocked. I just love that whole..."my colors are blush and bashful" and..."looks like someone hosed the place down with Pepto Bismol" LOL

I like the wedding at the end of BBC's Pride and Prejudice, too. When Elizabeth and Darcy get married.....and Jane and Bingley do too. I love their dresses. So pretty!

• time to go

The wedding scene at the hospital chapel in "While You Were Sleeping" is my fave. Lots of great lines throughout the entire film delivered by terrific actors (Sandra Bullock, Bill Pullman, Peter Gallagher, Peter Doyle).

I love it when the bride, Lucy, stops the ceremony and "objects" to the wedding, announcing to the groom, Peter, and his family that she's in love with the Peter's brother, Jack, who's the best man. Then Peter's former fiancee, Ashley, shows up to object to the wedding, with her current husband in tow, who objects to her objection. And the priest telling Ashley to "get in line" regarding her objection? Funny stuff.

Jack (to Peter): You suck.
    Peter: I suck? Or the outfit sucks?
    Jack: It's a toss-up.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Senior Minion

I liked Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. It was sweet, there was some drama in the beginning, but when the ceremony happened, I still tear up. No matter the tv show I watch, i've never seen greater chemistry between two actors than Jane Seymour and Joe Lando.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Sock Puppet

+1 on the Father of the Bride. I like that one too. So Classic.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Four Weddings and a Funeral!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    The wedding scene at the hospital chapel in "While You Were Sleeping" is my fave. Lots of great lines throughout the entire film delivered by terrific actors (Sandra Bullock, Bill Pullman, Peter Gallagher, Peter Doyle).

I love it when the bride, Lucy, stops the ceremony and "objects" to the wedding, announcing to the groom, Peter, and his family that she's in love with the Peter's brother, Jack, who's the best man. Then Peter's former fiancee, Ashley, shows up to object to the wedding, with her current husband in tow, who objects to her objection. And the priest telling Ashley to "get in line" regarding her objection? Funny stuff.

Jack (to Peter): You suck.
    Peter: I suck? Or the outfit sucks?
    Jack: It's a toss-up.

okay, I LOVE that movie. It's the one "chick flick" I cannot pass up when it's on tv. I love the last lines...yes, I have them memorized. I'm a dork

Peter once asked me when it was I fell in love with Jack. And I told him...it was while you were sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Four Weddings and a Funeral!
    that's cheating!!! That's FOUR weddings!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

All My Children the wedding of Noah and Julia.

• A Weather Eye Open

I love Keira Knightley's wedding in Love Actually! So different and fun, but beautiful.

I also love the weeding in Sweet Home Alabama, even though it gets interrupted and vows are never exchanged. Reese Witherspoon's dress and veil in that are to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Or maybe Humperdink and Buttercup's non-wedding in The Princess Bride.
    I had a friend who got married last summer and his minister (also his aunt) began the ceremony by quoting the priest in Princess Bride, complete with speech impediment!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)