'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' 5/1/09

HUGH JACKMAN - hand and footprint ceremony
    Tuesday April 21 at 11AM Grauman's Chinese Theatre

Los Angeles Premiere
    April 28, 2009 Grauman's Chinese Theatre

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

'Wolverine' - 2/19/08
    http://micechat.com/forums/movies/90588-wolverine.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' 5/1/09

Auction for 2 Prime Tickets to the Premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine

2 tickets to the premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine in Ryan Reynolds' section on Tuesday, April 28th at the Mann Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

This is your chance to see one of the most anticipated films of the summer before anyone else. Hugh Jackman returns to the big screen for the much anticipated follow up film to the smash hit X-Men. Set 20 years before X-Men this film explores Wovlerine's tumultuous past, the Weapons X program, and his relationship with half-brother Sabretooth. Star-studded and action packed, this is one show you don't want to miss.

Ryan Reynolds is the first Celebrity Chair of Team Fox, The Michael J. Fox Foundation's grassroots community fundraising program made up of hundreds of volunteers across the country. In November of 2008, Ryan ran the ING NYC Marathon for Team Fox raising over $100,000 for Parkinson's research. His incredible fundraising efforts continue with the auction of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine tickets.

"I am proud to be a part of this team of dedicated and motivated people who are getting out there and making a difference," said Ryan. "The Michael J. Fox Foundation is doing whatever it takes to improve patients' quality of life and deliver a cure to people living with PD, like my father."

Donated by: Ryan Reynolds, Celebrity Chair of Team Fox
    https://auction01.charitybuzz.com/se...item_id=910097
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Anybody planning on catching this over the weekend? I'm thinking I may take the boy tomorrow, although the reviews haven't been great. Plus at only 1 hour 37 minutes, seems short compared to previous comic-book movies. Maybe because they didn't have much of a story?

• Happy Memories

I'm thinking of going this afternoon or or tomorrow. I haven't read any glowing reviews, but I also haven't read any that said it was the worst film ever. So I'm setting my expectations appropriately and just going to enjoy some mindless mutant action. As long as it's better than that travesty of a film Ratner made out of X3, I'll leave the theater satisfied.

• Banned User

We're going to see it tomorrow night. The leaked version was great but I really want to see the finished version.

• Crazy Furry

Just got back from seeing it, now I have to admit it was rather interesting since I've already seen the leaked version and pretty much dispised it. For me, FOX needed to pull a miracle.

*Rant ahead*
    To put it plain and simple, they didn't.

This film is a flat-out travesty to the series, once again they put too many characters in that they didn't need and they royally screwed some of my favorite characters. (What they did to Deadpool is downright horrible, and why on earth are they calling a guy "Beak"...when he's NOTHING like the character at all?!)

What was even more crazy was the unfinished CGI works that were in the leaked version, still looked unfinished in the theatrical cut! It seemed like they put barely any effort into doing them.

Overall, the film is slightly better then X3, but that's not saying much.
    Naturally, if this tanks...the studio is going to use the excuse of the leaked film. Their not going to admit they made a crap film.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I don't agree with AE fan, i liked it. I'm a marvel fan, actually i'm a Wolverine fan and have been since i was a little kid. so i know the mistakes that were made, but i can look past them and see the great movie behind them. It was a fun summer hit and I'm sure lots of people will go and watch and enjoy. Don't let the diehard comic book people who can't let go get in your way of going.

As for taking your son, how oldis he? some partsmight be a little difficult for him to watch. if you want details, pm me, i don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

• Circle of Ancients

^ My son is 11 and has seen and enjoyed all of the previous X-men films, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Hulk, etc. Anything more intense than that???

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ My son is 11 and has seen and enjoyed all of the previous X-men films, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Hulk, etc. Anything more intense than that???
    I'd say no. Knowing your son, I think I he'll be fine with this movie. There were kids younger than him in my screening.

I saw the movie this afternoon and enjoyed it just fine. I went in with the appropriate expectations based on reviews from people who have generally had similar opinions as mine about films. It wasn't nearly as great as it could have been, but sure as heck wasn't as bad as it could have been either. I just enjoyed it for what it was and tried not to overanalyze anything.

I want to watch this...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Anybody planning on catching this over the weekend? I'm thinking I may take the boy tomorrow, although the reviews haven't been great. Plus at only 1 hour 37 minutes, seems short compared to previous comic-book movies. Maybe because they didn't have much of a story?
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't that great, but it wasn't horrible either. The movie has it's moments. Fans of X-Men and Wolverine will appreciate this movie. The movie has tons of action and a twist at the end. If you can stand watching X-Men 3 The Last Stand and Electra then you can handle Wolverine. Wolverine is a much better movie anyways. Also at the end of the credits the movie has one small scene. Bottom line if you enjoy all the other X-Men and Marvel Comics films you will enjoy this movie.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Infinitized!

Did you guys hear about the two different endings that were included to make up for the pirated version? Apparently they made two prints of the film, each one has a different end-of-credits scene. So, some theaters will show the one version, and others will show the other version.

I'm going to go check it out on Sunday, when the Fri and Sat crowds die down. The one that I'm really looing forward to is next week.

The summer movie season is upon us!

• Minion

Blog Entries

11 year old will be fine. Any younger, it would depend on the kid.

I wouldn't say the parts i am thinking of are not as disturbing as some of the stuff in Dark Knight.

If you want more info check the box. i didn't reveal anything major to the plot, just some stuff for people to watch out for if they are going to take their kids.

Spoiler
    I could see the opening bothering some children, it's a war montage, but it's not nearly as bad as say Saving Private Ryan. There is an implied impending rape in that opener.

An innocent elderly couple is killed very suddenly and that upset me a bit, a sensitive 11 year old might have a hard time with it.

Mainly it's just lots of bloodless killing and a few sudden deaths of innocent people that I would be worried about. Victor Creed /Sabertooth is very cruel, in character, but still.

As for cussing all I remember was a few g/ds and then the milder words

The nudity in the rating refers some man butt and side shots of him running,so a young daughter might get a bit embarrassed if she is innocent. No sex, no drugs,a little gambling and like i said, LOTS of fighting. But it's Wolverine, i mean, it's expected...

Oh, and if it bothers you, i know it does some people, Logan IS a smoker, lots of cigars.

Hope that is helpful to someone

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Wolverine' kicked off the summer box office with a $35 million opening day (includes Thursday midnight showings)

Full story at:

'Wolverine' starts summer strong

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Wolverine's worldwide weekend total hits $160, includes $87 million domestically.

full story at:
    'Wolverine' tops overseas boxoffice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast