Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

The Official SuperNanny Fan thread!

I hope I'm not the only one who has great admiration for Jo,the SuperNanny. Sometimes I watch that show and I'm like "Holy Hounddogs of HELL!", wondering how on earth parents let their kids get the way they are. How the parents let themselves get literally flattened by their own children and the kids turn out to be supermaxizoom bratties.

A lot of times, I tape the program so I can watch it again later and make notes. Seriously. I tell DS not to get any bright ideas because I am NOT letting him act that way.

I really like the idea of the naughty mat/stool/seat/whatever. I think it's a great alternative to spanking the living daylights out of the kid (which happened to me as a child).

So who's with me? Any other SN fans out there?

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• most magical vaca ever

Re: The Official SuperNanny Fan thread!

Sign me up Sign me up

I LOVE JO!!!! She is AWESOME!!!!

I was glued to ABC family last night watching reruns of last seasons episodes

I am going to start the 'token' game to reward my kids behavior
    ~~~~~~

• Former Epcot CM

Oooh! I was a huge fan of the first Supernanny series she did, here in the UK. Now thats a real Mary Poppins for ya. I'm amazed how some four years olds know some of the swear words that they do.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Waiting for the stork

I love it!

I work with young children and their parents (have for about 12 years)
    and I have seen this over and over the parent that wants to be the friend not the parent, they don't want to hurt any feelings, they all really believe that what they are doing is right but their kids run amuck...there are no limits, no rules, no dicipline.....
    and these children are little monsters...

and I have had the unique oppertunity to watch them as they grow, the parents who never acted like a parent only a friend to their young children have absolulty no control when the kid hits their teens, thats when the parent tries to be a parent, but it's too late, you have lost authority, you have lost your childs respect for you as a parent... (I have seen this far to many times....)

I am so glad that someone is finally saying "hey, who's the parent here?...act like it!"
    tell your child that is not acceptable, have consequences, be the parent.

so yes I love that show!!!
    procrastibating

• That's Hawt

Oooh Oooh! I love the SuperNanny! That show is like my crack! I can't imagine how kids get so bad but I love how she transforms them in like a week, it's absolutely amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I love it!

I work with young children and their parents (have for about 12 years)
    and I have seen this over and over the parent that wants to be the friend not the parent, they don't want to hurt any feelings, they all really believe that what they are doing is right but their kids run amuck...there are no limits, no rules, no dicipline.....
    and these children are little monsters...

and I have had the unique oppertunity to watch them as they grow, the parents who never acted like a parent only a friend to their young children have absolulty no control when the kid hits their teens, thats when the parent tries to be a parent, but it's too late, you have lost authority, you have lost your childs respect for you as a parent... (I have seen this far to many times....)

I am so glad that someone is finally saying "hey, who's the parent here?...act like it!"
    tell your child that is not acceptable, have consequences, be the parent.

so yes I love that show!!!
    I can relate. I work with teens and it's obvious which parents have never set limits with their kids. The sad thing is when they get to be teenagers, they realize they need some control and then try to get it after not setting limits all the way along. Doesn't work well at all. Not that parents who set limits don't have trouble with their teens too. It just has a different feel and they seem to come out of it better in the end.

• Disney Flan

I love the show! Not only is it jaw-dropping in some of the behavior, but it also provides good tips for people struggling with the same problems. It's not just pure voyeurism, which eases my conscience some.

• no flash photography...

I atched it once and she did a good job, but I cannot listen to screaming bratty children and parents making excuses for their bad decisions and their kids. I loose patience with it really fast before she can do her miracle work...LOL

• Lights on Nobody Home

Count me in..I videotaped it the other night and have not had a chance to watch yet. My DS likes it too.

• Minion

More reason to hates the kids.

That show makes my blood pressure rise to dangerous levels, a amazing feat considering that people think i'm near dead sometimes.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Well, like yesterday, I happened to catch the re-run from last season where the 4 year old was out of control and the older one (7 I think he was) felt completely left out. I wanted to smack the father for calling his son a 'whiny baby' and putting him in the naughty chair for something that didn't really deserve it. I mean,c'mon. Kids don't always write things the way we as parents would like them to do. They are just learning (esp at his age!) and to expect them to do it perfectly is outragous. The dad really disrespected his son and cut him down, which hurts so much.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I watch the show and wonder if she does all this "Changing a childs attitude" by herself. Sometimes I think that maybe after the show is done filming completely, ABC may have set the families up with people who can help the parents continue to raise their children the right way. I really do not think a nanny can change a child in days. I do watch the show though.

• My cuties!

I watch it and like some of her ideas. I love how many multiples there are on the show.

Nanny 911 has WAY worse kids on it!

• Man O Lantern

I've watched Nanny 911 twice and HATED it!

But we love love love Nanny Jo and SuperNanny!! What a great show!

That show reminded me about parenting.....that it's a full-time job, I'm not just a parent... I have TO parent. We stopped letting 4 year old Chloe run all over us. We figured, she's the baby, she puts up with her older sisters, she's an angel at school, so we just have to put up with her at home. Um, no. She's a great kid, super smart (too smart and a smart mouth!), but she's freaking manipulative for a four year old. We put a stop to it after watching the show. My husband is better at following through with his directions to her, and I've had to put her in a real time out on a chair in the middle of a boring room a few times. She hates the thought of that boring old time out chair, enough that we've been able to shape her behavior for the last eight months or so. I honestly didn't think it would work that long.....I figured we'd have a honeymoon and then falter. But it's been awesome.

We love that show! I like that my husband watches it and learns.... He's never given parenting much thought before, it's always me that does the worrying, the thinking, the planning, the carry-through. It's helped him realized what a tough JOB it is. It's not just life, it's something to be worked at, improved upon.

• most magical vaca ever

Oy, sometimes I wish my sister would watch the show!!! Every episode we watch reminds us of things my 4.5 yr old niece does.... My niece is the way she is because she is the ONLY child and her parents let her RULE the house and their lives. It's sad, especially now that they're getting divorced. I pray that my niece will get through these tough times ahead

If any one needs Jo, it would be my sister!!!!
    ~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast