• Follow me on Twitter!!!

The truth behind the "anti-semite" saying???

So basically I'm sick of all these people I know putting me down when I say Walt Disney is one of my heroes. I always get "you know he was a rabbid anti-semite" or "he hated the jews" or "you better not tell your jewish friends he's your hero"...

I don't really know much about the whole thing or why people think that...but I want to believe he wasn't...if he was, well than that's not a good thing, but I still think he's one of the greatest human beings to ever live.

Where does all this come from???

(if this is in the wrong place you can move it)
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: The truth behind the "anti-semite" saying???

I don't think he was. Although he was on the "wrong side" during the McCarthy era. Maybe it all stems from this.

But then there is that burning menorah in POTC... (Ignore that -- it's my attempt at a bad joke)

• no flash photography...

he had a really good public image, but from what I've read he was not really that way in person.

• The line's too long...

Ask them for evidence, and when they can't provide any they'll pipe down.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Neal Gabler addresses Walt's alleged anti-Semitism in "Walt Disney: The Truimph of the American Imagination." While there is some anecdotal evidence that Walt (and Roy, for that matter) may have used racial epithets against Jews, there's little direct evidence to support Walt was anti-Semitic. He was a member of various anti-union and anti-Communist groups which had anti-Semitic elements, but that's guilt by association and probably didn't reflect Walt's personal feelings.

From Gabler's book:
    Joe Grant, who had been an artist, the head of the model department, and the storyman responsible for Dumbo along with Dick Huemer, declared emphatically that Walt was not an anti-Semite. "Some of the most influential people at the studio were Jewish," Grant recalled, thinking no doubt of himself, production manager Harry Tytle, and Kay Kamen, who once quipped that Disney's New York office had more Jews than the Book of Leviticus.
    Moreover Walt contributed frequently to Jewish charities: the Hebrew Orphan Asylum of the City of New York, Yeshiva College, the Jewish Home for the Aged, even after (World War II) to the American League for a Free Palestine.
    Don't forget, Walt worked in a movie industry that in the 1930s and 40s was largely run by Jews. It seems unlikely that Walt could've thrived in this environment if he was anti-Semitic.

• I'm not really here

Thanks for getting that up disneytim. I was going to post stuff from that book as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Yeah I don't believe it. Thanks guys for clearing that up.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*