Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Goonies II

• Senior Minion

Re: The Goonies II

The photo in this month's Empire was actually for a 'Where are they now' feature. Seemingly the only way that all the cast (as well as Donner and Spielberg) got together was because Spielberg was guest-editing that month's issue (celebrating it's 20th anniversary). The interview that accompanys the photo is a jovial one with all those present remembering the film fondly and joking about it with much good humour. However there are no serious indications that a sequel is anything but a rumour and something that most of the original cast would seem very happy to be a part of.

On a side-note I have religiously bought and read Empire every month for the vast majority of its 20 year life and can honestly say that the current issue is by far the best one yet (largely due to the influence of its guest editor). Other delights within include a very impressive photo gallery of stars 'reprising' some of their famous roles (Hopkins and Forster together again! Christian Bale with his American Pyscho axe! Unforgiven's Eastwood and Freeman reunited! Nicholson with a Joker-like grin!). Beg, borrow or steal a copy if you can!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Infinitized!

Goonies II could still happen...
    Movie Talk: Secrets and Celebrations From 'The Goonies' Reunion

For those who weren't able to make it to Astoria, you can hear the director's and cast's thoughts on the movie when it receives its Blu-Ray release this November. But the Ultimate Collector's Edition of the adventure flick may not be the last trip you take to the Goon docks. In the documentary, Donner says a long-rumored sequel to the film is a definite thing and will involve as much of the old cast as possible. "It will happen," he assures fans. "We've been trying for a number of years."
    The documentary was put together by Ron and Pat over at TheGoonies.org. They premiered it in Astoria this past weekend during the Goonies 25th anniversary. They will be selling copies thru their website, however, Richard Donner has asked them to delay the release as it will have some extra content added pertaining to the planned sequel.

Hope it happens. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's another article about this past weekend's event:
    washingtonpost.com

Goonies Never Say Die!!

• Infinitized!

In addition to the news in my previous post, heres a vid/interview my friend Andy from TheGoonies.org board did with The Goonies for the website www.heyuguys.co.uk, check it out:
    Exclusive Interview: The Goonies Cast Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Joe Pantoliano & Director Richard Donner : HeyUGuys UK Movie Blog

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C5x2MriJBo"]YouTube - Exclusive Interview: The Goonies - Sean Astin, Corey Feldman, Richard Donner and Joe Pantoliano[/ame]

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I want to see the alternate ending they talk about in the Yahoo article. And there was some lost scene about a couple escaped gorillas taking off in Troy's convertible. Huh? I don't want to know how that fit into the story and I'm glad that scene was lost.

But it looks like a sequel is getting closer to reality! Apparently Donner found a way to do it right and not piss off the fans of the original. I personally am spazzing out as The Goonies is one of my all-time favorite movies. I can't believe it's 25 years old now! Wow! I feel old. I've seen this movie hundreds of time. It's one of the few I will NEVER get sick of. It was on AMC a couple nights ago and I had to turn it off after awhile because it was late and I KNEW if I kept watching I would have been up until 1:30am to watch it til the end.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Don't... even... tease me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12