Thread: Tim Burton

Tim Burton

I saw a few threads dedicated to several of his films, but how about a thread dedicated to the man himself and the beautiful worlds he creates?

I'm a huge Burton fan, have been ever since I first saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. While I love all his films I think my most favorites are: Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood. I collect a few things of him, the Nightmare pins from Disney World, his films on DVD, and any and all books I can find on him.

So, what is your favorite Tim Burton film?

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Tim Burton

I love Beetlejuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. & a little bit of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I love the first Batman..I just love his version of batman and of course nightmare before christmas...gotta love that Jack.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Crazy Furry

When it comes to Tim Burton, he's certainly made a good amount of films I like.

My favorites are...

Live Action-

Edward Scissorhands, Sweeny Todd, Frankenweenie, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, BeetleJuice, Big Fish, Sleepy Hollow and Mars Attacks!

Animated-

Vincent.

Though he has done some stinkers, such as Planet of the Apes. Corpse Bride and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are ones that have their moments, but are pretty forgettable for me.

Now when it comes to Nightmare Before Christmas, I love the film...though my biggest pet peeve is hearing people say Tim Burton was the director for it....when in fact Henry Selick was the director!
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

I know what you mean, AE. Henry Selick deserves so much credit for Nightmare but never gets it. I'm glad he made Coraline, it's a great movie and hopefully helped people learn of his talent.

Vincent is a great film, as is Frankenweenie. I'm interested to see how the movie version of Frankenweenie is when it finally gets released.

I watched Tim's Batman last night and forgot how good it was. Now, I'm a big fan of the Dark Night but this movie shouldn't be written off because of how old it is. It really is a good movie. It was much more adult than I remember. There was a lot of murder and mayhem by the Joker, there was an adult relationship between Vickie and Bruce and there was some swearing as well. In case people have forgotten, the Joker's end run was luring the people of Gotham downtown with 20 million in cash to kill them all with Smilex gas.

Anyways, I am glad I bought it and Batman Returns the other night and will rewatch that one this weekend.

I still love Burton's Batman, it has such a unique feel and style to it and still holds up. I like Batman Returns, but that is more, in my opinon at leat, of a Burton version of Batman, which I also like.

I was never crazy about Nicholson as the Joker. My favorites are Mark Hammil from the animated series and of course Heath Ledger. Keaton is still a great Batman though.