• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Katzenberg: 4 more years at $1 per!

Jeffrey Katzenberg will continue to head up DreamWorks Animation at the bargain price of $1 per year, just as the company has announced the doubling their first quarter profits over last year's efforts.

full story at:
    Katzenberg with D'Works through 2013 - Entertainment News, Business News, Media - Variety

• All-American

Re: Katzenberg: 4 more years at $1 per!

$1? Now that's a man who must be in his work for love and not for money. I wonder if he does income taxes on that dollar. I think Steve Jobs makes about the same...

Eisner called him the Eight Dwarf...... "Greedy"

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

He gets his money from his share of the studio...the yearly salary is just icing on the cake!
    :-)

• Super

Yeah a lot of executives and CEOs get a $1 salary... but really only if they have a stake in the company! Like Steve Jobs at Apple (and other executives at the company) and the dudes who run Google. It's really the ultimate performance-based pay out there!

I just recently retired from the Human Resource profession after a long career with a couple of mid size companies that can't begin to hold a candle to the kind of money that these large movie studios bring in. Based on what I saw at our lowly level of income I can only agree whole heartedly that an executives "salary" is only a small part of their total income at almost any company. So when I see an executive that is "setting an example" by taking reduced pay I just have to laugh. Rarely does an executive actually suffer by taking such a paltry "salary!"

• Sock Puppet

I used to work for a payroll company for the movie and film industry and that is nothing...a director earns as little as 5,000 per week...not including bonuses and allowance.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by JasperIN View Post
    I just recently retired from the Human Resource profession after a long career with a couple of mid size companies that can't begin to hold a candle to the kind of money that these large movie studios bring in. Based on what I saw at our lowly level of income I can only agree whole heartedly that an executives "salary" is only a small part of their total income at almost any company. So when I see an executive that is "setting an example" by taking reduced pay I just have to laugh. Rarely does an executive actually suffer by taking such a paltry "salary!"

Of course they don't suffer! But when you see CEOs of other companies taking in huge salaries in ADDITION to a large share in the stock and huge stipends and expense account, you have to appreciate those who cut their salary at least.

I, for one, could name a huge list of job's I'd do for little no salary, so long as I knew I had a place to live and a car to drive and enough to put food on the table. I'd put the money back into the company, or send it towards something specific where I knew if would do good and be effective.
    The president of my University is hugely over payed, and his salary doesn't include his amazing house and nice car, which are also paid for by the university.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)