Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'The Proposal' Sandra Bullock/Ryan Reynolds

When high-powered book editor Margaret (Sandra Bullock) faces deportation to her native Canada, the quick-thinking exec declares that she's actually engaged to her unsuspecting put-upon assistant Andrew (Ryan Reynolds), who she's tormented for years. He agrees to participate in the charade, but with a few conditions of his own. The unlikely couple heads to Alaska to meet his quirky family (Mary Steenburgen, Craig T. Nelson, Betty White) and the always-in-control city girl finds herself in one comedic fish-out-of-water situation after another. With an impromptu wedding in the works and an immigration official on their tails, Margaret and Andrew reluctantly vow to stick to the plan despite the precarious consequences.

The Proposal from Touchstone Pictures is rated PG-13
    opens in theatres June 19

MySpace.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: 'The Proposal' Sandra Bullock/Ryan Reynolds

Composer Aaron Zigman scores The Proposal

Composer Aaron Zigman was recently at the Sony Scoring Stage to record his score for the new romantic comedy The Proposal. Directed by Anne Fletcher and written by Pete Chiarelli, the film stars Sandra Bullock as a pushy boss and Ryan Reynolds are her assistant who is forced to marry her to help her keep her visa status.

photos of scoring sessions at:
    Aaron Zigman scores The Proposal - ScoringSessions.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

I received a funny and cruel (!?!) e-mail a few days ago:

Ryan Reynolds cordially invites you and a male colleague to join him for a "guys night out" for male assistants and guys in general advance industry screening of Touchstone Pictures' 'The Proposal' with a pre-show comp Happy Hour event. Business attire suggested.

Sorry Ladies but the screening is for GUYS ONLY.
    Its tonight on the Westside. Have fun boys!

Drinks with Deadpool - the lovely Ryan Reynolds. REALLY!

• Banned User

I think that is a good idea! This shows that the movie isn't just for women, but men will enjoy it too! I actually read this article about the screening and it said "'The guys laughed throughout the film,' my spy tells me". I knew from the trailer this movie looks hilarious! Can't wait to check it out.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^It was funny to see the photo from the screening in the DSociety section of the D23 site.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

I just returned from an advance screening of 'The Proposal' this evening. It's easily the most fun romantic comedy I've seen in a long time, the audience LOVED it. There was laughter even after the main laughter, layers of laughter throughout. Not bad for a film from the two screenwriters/producers of 'Star Trek' and 'Transformers Revenge of the Fallen'.

Sandra Bullock and the always lovely Ryan Reynolds are a dreamy team. Each of them really bring out the best in each other, they actually appear to be enjoying themselves. There is great support from all fronts with pros like Betty White, Craig T. Nelson, Mary Steenburgen, Oscar Nunez of 'The Office' doing his best Hank Azaria impression, an Alaskan eagle and Kevin the dog. Throw in a fish-out-of-water scenario from NYC to Sitka, Alaska and a beautiful setting and you're more than halfway home. The fabulous naked scene is worth your admission price alone. The End Credits are an exercise in improvisation and a terrific exit treat.

Have fun!

• Senior Minion

Ryan Reynolds certainly is a busy guy what with Wolverine and this. If I were married to Scarlett Johansen I would never leave the house
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

i like mis coneganiality sandra bullock shes so eralxing and easy to watch .. sandra bullock gets a lapdance in this movie..

• Banned User

ALIASd -- Thanks for the awesome review. I knew it looked cute and funny from the trailers and each time I see it on television it reminds me of how much I am actually looking forward to the movie. I really think it is because of the cast. The comedic chemistry between Bullock and Reynolds is just so clear and then with Betty White's comedy added in -- it is going to be a good ride I think!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Thanks very much. It hits alot of the right comedic notes, plays the heartstrings and is fairly lovely to look at. Plus it should provide terrific counter-programming to the commotion of explosions and screams coming from the other megaplex theatres down the hall.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

SPECIAL SNEAK PREVIEW this Saturday June 13th at select theatres, check your local listings

'The Proposal' opens in theatres June 19th

• Goofy

I am looking foward to this movie and it looks like a fun movie to watch.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

First industry reviews:

Bottom Line: Diverting romantic antic about a sham engagement is sparked by the bright chemistry and comic timing of Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.

Sandra Bullock is one of the most likable and skilled comedians in movies today, but she hasn't had a comedy hit since the first "Miss Congeniality" nine years ago. That's about to change with "The Proposal," an engaging, well-crafted lark that proves "high concept" isn't necessarily a tired tactic.
    full review at The Hollywood Reporter:
    Film Review: The Proposal

Mostly, this safe and calculated Reynolds-Sandra Bullock pairing constitutes savvy counterprogramming, what with the “Transformers” sequel about to invade theaters and “The Hangover” mostly hanging onto men. So even if the movie stumbles a bit on the way to the altar, the net result should leave Disney celebrating reasonably happy returns.
    full review at:
    The Proposal Review - Read Variety's Analysis Of The Movie The Proposal

• Banned User

I don't even need to read reviews for this one. I am surely going to go see it tomorrow! I think it has gotten some great press and the clips I have seen were hysterical. This is a [ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58884 632"]cute interview[/ame] that I just adored with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Please enjoy Entertainment Weekly's new cover in the meantime!

Ryan Reynolds kicks off Entertainment Weekly's 'Must List' issue | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast