Article from Salt Lake Tribune - September 25, 2005
Life with Kermit & Co.

Brian Henson, eight years younger than the famous frog his father created, marks 50 years of Muppet magic and visits SLC to discuss puppetry's future and screen films he has worked on

Like most people under 50, Brian Henson cannot remember life without Kermit the Frog.

"I guess Kermit was always pretty alive and thriving, from as far back as I can remember," said Henson, the 42-year-old son of Muppet creator Jim Henson. "Kermit was always around; he was just a fixture in my life. His personality and my father's personality were so similar that it was like [Kermit] was just the representation of my father when the Muppets were performing."

Brian Henson and his siblings are celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Jim Henson Company, which their dad founded to spread Muppets to the world, with several gala events - including a tribute at the Museum of Television & Radio in New York and Los Angeles, and the unveiling Wednesday of a Jim Henson commemorative stamp.

Also this week, Brian Henson will be the artist-in-residence at the Salt Lake City Film Center, talking about the past and future of puppetry. His lecture, "The Future of Digital Puppetry," is set for 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the City Library auditorium, 210 E. 400 South, and movies in which he has been a puppeteer, producer or director will be screened at the library Wednesday through Friday.