Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Wife Swap (merged - All Episodes)

I did.

Man the children of the woman who believed her children did not need to have any rules were bratty. The meat man at their local grocer evn got mad at them for poking holes into the meat packages with their fingers.

I felt bad for the son of the ettiquete teacher though since they padlocked the door that can let him go outside. That is not fair.

Luckily the ettiquete teacher was able to bring some discipline to the family with out of control kids in a fun manner. I am happy that the other mom also realized that her children needed some discipline.

Did you guys see the episode?

• most magical vaca ever

Re: Did anyone watch ABC's new "Wife Swap" episode last night?

Yes, I watched it.

I could not believe those people padlocked the boys door!!! WTH?????

Those 3 little ones were out of control, glad to see some structure brought to their home as well as some FUN brought to the other.

I think the Mass. mom was just lazy in my opinion.
    ~~~~~~

• In Technicolor!

This is one of my favorite shows currently on TV.

I did watch Monday's episode. Just to clarify, the eldest boy's 'padlocked-door' was a separate door that goes outside. It looks like his bedroom may have been a converted garage or something. The door into his room from within the house was a regular interior door (probably with one of those button-style locks). Not that I would agree with the padlock idea, just wanted to point out that he wasn't totally locked-in while in his room (although he may have felt that way...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I don;t blame the dad for getting ticked when the lady squirted Ketchup on him. I don't think the kids like it either. The resturant was not the place to do that. I honestly do think I like the ettiquete mom the most though. I think she was open minded and made learning manners look fun.

I thought it was great! I really like watching that show. I think this one was one of the best episodes so far! You could tell that both families learned from their experiences and gained too. It was a happy ending on both ends. I like it when that happens!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    I thought it was great! I really like watching that show. I think this one was one of the best episodes so far! You could tell that both families learned from their experiences and gained too. It was a happy ending on both ends. I like it when that happens!
    yup. I usually like to choose sides. Usually I go for the family not as strict, but that mom was to lazy so for the first time ever, I was on the ettiquete teachers side. I remember an episode where a mom would hoard paper products in her shower stall too.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    yup. I usually like to choose sides. Usually I go for the family not as strict, but that mom was to lazy so for the first time ever, I was on the ettiquete teachers side. I remember an episode where a mom would hoard paper products in her shower stall too.
    I remember that episode! She was a real freak! Who does that???? She also only went to the store to buy sale items even if they didn't need them...
    I did NOT get her at all! I felt bad for the mom that had to go there and put up with that freaky family!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess
    I remember that episode! She was a real freak! Who does that???? She also only went to the store to buy sale items even if they didn't need them...
    I did NOT get her at all! I felt bad for the mom that had to go there and put up with that freaky family!!!
    LOL.

And to make things worst, the shop freak mom never learned anything from the experience.

I remember the real estate dad said a good comment about her use of paper plates but I forgot what it was. It had to do with money I think.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Wife Swap (merged thread, All Episodes)

Did anyone watch Wife Swap last night? Man I am so glad the father and the two out of contol children have changed and let him play baseball and cut off his mo-hawk.

The baseball dad seemed very good about following the rules. I can not blame him for having to attend that baseball game after the rule change though since he had to make sure the coaches, parents, & kids new what was going to happen for the next few days. Plus if they were practicing for it, then he had all rights just to play the game they practiced for so he wouldn't have left the team high and dry.

• See what I got?

Re: Wife Swap

I saw most of it. I have to watch the rest later on Tivo. They always find people who are out of balance. I think both couples had good points and bad points about them. I liked the fact that the "punk" couple did not try to pit their kids against each other, or push them into things. I liked the fact that the "baseball" couple disciplined their kids a little more. I did not like how the "punk" couple allowed their boy to speak to adults, and I did not like how the "baseball" family centered everything around competition and sports. As usual, Wife Swap has shown me that moderation is the key.

• insufferable know-it-all

The thing I didn't like is how OBVIOUSLY STAGED the kid's baseball game was. I mean, there wasn't even a catcher on home plate, at least TRY to make it look like it's real.

Also, is this a new format, letting the dads meet eachother? What happened to the moms meeting in some fancy place, or am I mixing this up with another wife swap tv show?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    The thing I didn't like is how OBVIOUSLY STAGED the kid's baseball game was. I mean, there wasn't even a catcher on home plate, at least TRY to make it look like it's real.

Also, is this a new format, letting the dads meet eachother? What happened to the moms meeting in some fancy place, or am I mixing this up with another wife swap tv show?
    You're mixing it up with Fox's Trading Spouses.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Here are the scripted "reality" shows on MTV that I do not like:

1) Laguna Beach (you can tell by the many camera angles that the scene had to be shot a few times)
    2) Date my mom (Everyone sounds and move like robots)
    3) Room Raiders (You don't think people can just get away with kidnapping people and get away with it do you? 3b) Isn't it odd that the person they kidnap always answers the door and no one else does?)
    4) Pimp My Ride (see 3b)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I don't know what that has to do with Wife Swap, but I so totally agree with you on thos shows you just mentioned. MTV shows are taking a dive methinks.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• See what I got?

Did anyone see the Wife Swap before the one mentioned originally where there was almost a fist fight at the end when the parents meet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast