Blog Entries

The S.S Disney, an incredible WDI project of a "floating Disneyland" (Merged Threads)

The S.S Disney project was one of WDI most secret project. No one ever heard about this incredible idea to transform a super tanker in a "floating theme park" that would have sail from port to port around the world.

Guests would have found on board 18 attractions including an Orbitron, Casey Jr. Train, a large Ferris Wheel, Alice in Wonderland’s spinning Tea Cups, Dumbo, and a Fantasyland Carousel. Other attractions included Peter Pan’s Flight, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, a 3D movie theatre, and even It’s Small World and Space Mountain roller coaster!
    No Kidding. All this on a transformed super-tanker. Incredible.

Discover more about this AMAZING project with the interview of former Imagineer Mark Hickson - who was in charge of the project - here:

Disney and more: The " S.S Disney " , an incredible WDI project - Interview with Mark Hickson

And let me know what you think of this amazing S.S Disney project!
    Last edited by loaloa55; 05-21-2009 at 05:25 AM.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Floating Disneyland Park on a Ship! Really!

Alain Littaye over at Disney and More has a true and amazing article/interview about 1994 plans for a floating Disney theme park.
    This Imagineer rocks the idea. This is true. Go there now!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Just this guy......

re: The S.S Disney, an incredible WDI project of a "floating Disneyland" (Merged Threads)

I had forgotten about this project. I had a friend who was working with Mark Hickson on it. The blog article is very good and is very accurate from what my friend told me about it.

I think that it's still workable but with the down economy I do not think that we will see it anytime soon. But the one thing about Disney is that they never toss out any ideas.

• Senior Minion

re: The S.S Disney, an incredible WDI project of a "floating Disneyland" (Merged Threads)

That's really cool, I hadn't heard about this before as far as I can recall. Thanks for posting.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Re: The S.S Disney, an incredible WDI project of a "floating Disneyland" (Merged Thre

Wow, that sounds really awesome. I can't imagine it having come to fruition, but just imagining would it would have been like if it had is pretty great. The model pictures are surreal!

I can see it now - a Rally to visit SS Disney at its every port of call. Wouldn't that have been something?