• Minion

Topher Grace as Venom? WTF?

LAME

Quote Originally Posted by RottenTomatoes
    "Although the Internet has been abuzz with the supposed identities of the two "Spider-Man 3" villains to be played by Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace, Sony and Marvel have kept the names under wraps.

Now Mary Jane herself has confirmed Spidey's latest nemeses.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," says Kirsten Dunst while promoting her film "Elizabethtown."

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she says, checking with her rep, who assures her the information has already been released.

The "Interview with the Vampire" actress is a little shaky on the information at first, saying that Church would play Venom and Grace would take on Sandman, before reversing her claim when a journalist expresses disbelief. "It's the other way around. You're right," she concedes.

Dunst can be forgiven since she has yet to receive a script for the film that will begin shooting in January.

"But I know the general story," she adds. "There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."
    LAME!

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: Topher Grace as Venom? WTF?

No offense, but Kirsten Dunst is not a smart cookie I doubt she has any clue what she is talking about. Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman, sure I suppose. but Topher Grace as Venom? Not bloody likely since Raimi hates the Venom material and wants to stick to classive villians...besides Topher Grace is entirely too small to play Eddie Brock aka Venom.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    No offense, but Kirsten Dunst is not a smart cookie I doubt she has any clue what she is talking about. Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman, sure I suppose. but Topher Grace as Venom? Not bloody likely since Raimi hates the Venom material and wants to stick to classive villians...besides Topher Grace is entirely too small to play Eddie Brock aka Venom.
    That's how I feel. He's WAY too small. But it looks like it's true. That's all I've seen on the internet...

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    That's how I feel. He's WAY too small. But it looks like it's true. That's all I've seen on the internet...
    I've seen it too but the internet and a stupid blonde actress are a receipe for a misleading idea.

• Minion

I certainly hope so. I would LOVE to see Venom, but not from someone on that 70's show...

• Happy Memories

We were discussing this earlier in one of the other Spidey threads. I find it interesting that in the same articles where it Kirsten says these are the villains, it also says that she hasn't even seen a script yet. I'd say she doesn't know much better than we what Sam has cooking yet.

• Reaver of Souls

Ugh... Both casting choices are bad, in my opinion, but Topher Grace as Eddie Brock!?! Let's be serious here! He'll have to gain about 70 LBS in muscle and grow a foot or so before he can pass as Eddie... If this is true, it's the worst casting decision since Kirsten (who I otherwise love) as MJ...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.