• No, Eisner should be inducted as a Disney Legend

27 35.53%
  • I'm Indifferent on whether he is or isn't inducted as a Disney Legend

12 15.79%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Should Michael Eisner be inducted as a Disney Legend

Speedway,
    I was merely giving an example of a passed opportunity regarding Harry Potter, although numerous other companies also passed on this opportunity, it seems more so than not that the Disney Company in recent years has passed up numerous opportunities and in its placed pursued far more questionable ventures. In regards to the rides however, all I am saying is that I would much rather see the company build brand new "creative" and "innovative" rides, since the company in essence was founded on these two principals. Also, as great as these transplanted rides are, as you claim, do you remember a few years back when Disney felt that a transplanted Tower of Terror would revive DCA? Looking at attendance numbers since TOT opened, we know that building a transplavted TOT did not deliver the results they had upper management had hoped for. Although, their were and are other reasons why DCA suffers from lack of attendance, in my opinion people tend to associate the Disney company with terms such as a "creative" and "innovative." The fact that TOT, was just a transplant (although I myself enjoy this ride), and not a new innovative concept more or less prevented DCA from seeing increased attendance numbers

• Minion

Absolutely, and you can "boo" me all you want for saying so!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPForever
    Disney Wrassler-
    According to the book DisneyWar, Eisner really had no idea of the history of the company when he first arrived 20 plus years ago. I honestly beleive that for any company to be and remain successful, the CEO needs to be aware of the company's history and IDEALS. Gutting animation and imagineering, in my opinion probably wasn't what Walt would have done.
    I agree with you on that to. Before the book came out, I think he said the first time he saw a disney film was when he was an adult! What the???

Unfortunately these days all bi corps. only look for people who can make money, not people who know about the company itself. I bet I know more about Disney with my 10 years plus of research, than Eisner does. Iger has no clue about Disneys history either. I can't wait for a hardcore disney fan to take the helm some day. But will that happen? Not if they do not have any business managing abilities. Well like I say about Eisner though "He can draw figures, but unfortunately not stick figures" or "Eisner can't draw stick figures if his life depended on it!" Believe me, I am not an Eisner fan anymore. But at the time, Roy Disney saw something good in Eisner. But it was Roy who took the movie portion of the company into new places. Roy is responsible for overlooking films such as Lion King, Aladdin, & Beauty & the Beast. Most Disney fans want him to be the new CEO, but he declined. These corporate politicians have no imagination and will eventually kill off the company if we do not get an imaginative person in there some day. I just hope Iger can become friends with Pixar again.

• Minion

It should be noted, that despite the fact that I've pointed out some of Eisner's shortcomings as CEO, I still do believe he should be inducted as aDisney Legend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Was Ron Miller considered a Disney CEO or no?

• Minion

If I'm not mistaken Ron Miller reigned before Eisner, until Roy E. Disney (of all people huh) ousted Miller... I think thats how it worked...may need to check though, but yes I do believe he was CEO and Walker was president

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Wow, if you are right, the Roy ousted two people from the CEO spot in Disney. Weird.

• That's Hawt

You know, even though I may not agree with a lot of the decisions he made and the money he made at the expense of DisCo he did make a lot of positive decisions that improved the company and made what it did today so I do think he should be inducted as a Disney Legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Don't forget the Loch Ness monster is a legend too. I say give the guy a plaque facing the frank wells building.

• The one, the only...

As I understand what the original Disney Legend program was to honor the "unsung" heros who tirelessly worked behind the scenes to create the magic. These were people who received a salary for working at Disney.

Eisner is now the largest stockholder of the company. He still sits on the board. He practically owns the company now. He has already been honored "over and over" again.

If he is to be honored, then we need to campaign to honor Walt Disney as a Disney Legend. He deserves it before Michael Eisner.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The poll choices say:

Yes, Eisner should be inducted as a Disney Legend
    No, Eisner should be inducted as a Disney Legend

I don't agree with either.
    Eisner should NOT be inducted as a Disney Legend

Roy Disney and Stanley Gold were indeed behind Ron Miller's ouster, just when some of Miller's great ideas like Touchstone Pics, Disney Channel, TDL, working with George Lucas, building new hotels at WDW etc ... were getting off the ground.

And, no, I don't think Eisner should be a Disney Legend. If Walt and Roy O. Disney aren't Legends, why should ME be?

• Sucka

No way
    Disney legends are for people that did nothing but good for the company (or if they didn't, they where able to hide it). Oh yeah, about his cinema record, I recall Walt saying he would only re-release Snow White if the company was going under, and that He would not make sequels (name a Disney animated film that does not have a sequel to it now).
    Yes in the 80's Eisner saved Disney but is there a Disney now. Point in case, animation department where is it. It's now Pixar. Don't get me wrong, i love the pixar films but that's just Disney putting it's name alongside something else (even on the maps it says something about Pixar's if it's has to do with their movies).
    Besides most legends had to wait a long time before they were inducted and just maybe Eisner's rep might go up in years after his retirement. If they do, I hope they don't jump the gun

• Disney Memory Maker

Plainly said, I think he should be inducted. Also, I'm wondering when he will get a window on Main Street.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

No way!

The first half of his tenure was excellent ... but he's done plenty of damage in the second half.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast