View Poll Results: Did you like Land of the Lost?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I LOVE Land of the Lost and don't really care if you did or not

2 25.00%
  • I'm going to be a Sleestak for Halloween!

0 0%
  • I sympathize with Will in the movie, until the end

1 12.50%
  • I hope the sleestak eat Matt Lauer

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Talking Land of the Lost ~ the new Cha-Ka wants to go to Disneyland!

What did you think of the new movie?

I like the original series from the 70's and now I like the new movie!

The Dinosaurs look good! The sleestak look great! This version has a more mature Holly! It also has not so goodlooking Will (i guess you can't have it all) With Will Ferrell's goofy sense of humor, and input from the Krofft brothers, it's a perfectly fun summertime movie to see. If you are looking for a movie where you DON'T experience real human emmotions, don't see Up! Go see Land of the Lost, instead!

The only sad thing is that both the original Will and Holly Marshall did film cameo's for the move. . . unfortunately that ended up on the cutting room floor, when they changed the ending. The current ending does fit, BUT they darn well better place those cameos on the dvd! And how much fund woud it have been, at the end of the film IF the sleestak started removing their costumed heads, only to reveal a bunch of big name celebrities . . . . that's the one rumor how the end credits were to have been! Darn! that would have been a great way to top off the movie!

Oh, on the TV Guide channel, the new Cha-ka was interviewed, one of the questions "What do you want to do now?" New Cha-ka said "Go to Disneyland!" If anyone sees him there, let us know! (You can bet that Universal is thrilled the Cha-ka wants to go to Disneyland! hahahahaha)
    Last edited by Aladdin; 06-06-2009 at 09:24 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Land of the Lost ~ the new Cha-Ka wants to go to Disneyland!

The new Chaka is played by Jorma from SNL, one of the writers.

• Banned User

I thought this one sucked bad. They had WAY too much crude humor and most of the jokes weren't funny. I'm a huge fan of the old series and I have it downloaded and I watched the marathons on SciFi, and this movie let me down big time.

The only good thing that came out of us going to see it is that we also saw Terminator and Up again and only paid $14 total.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is one movie that has really disappointed me and I haven't even seen it and here is why...

What were they thinking rating it PG13?

I am a 40 year old man, who remembers as a kid absolutely loving this show back in the 70s when it came on Saturday morning TV. I now have a 10 year old son who I would have loved to share this experience with, but I cannot without having to see it for myself first. I have heard from two different people who have seen it that it is not appropriate for a 10 year old. So guess what? I'm probably going to have to wait to rent it.

I was really looking forward to sharing this with my 10 year old and when I found out it was going to be rated PG13, my heart sank. I thought he might be able to see it because he can see some PG13 movies, but after I hear from two different people who do not know each other that this movie is not appropriate for him, I will have to wait until later to see it.

So disappointing...

• Banned User

No, it really isn't. There's way too many boob jokes and other crude jokes/scenes. There's also too much crude language. The more I think about the movie, the more disappointed I become. They had a chance to take a kids favorite from the past and they turned it into garbage.

• Circle of Ancients

Just got back from seeing it. It was basically what I thought it would be. A fun movie, but nothing terrific.

DIP, I took our 11 y/o and I didn't think anything in it was bad for him to see. Sure there were a couple of "S's" in there and one mouthed "F' you", but what kid hasn't heard and/or said that anyway. My son denies he has said any bad words at school, but I remember what it was like to be 11.

I've seen the entire original series and own it all on DVD... I'm also hit and miss with Will Ferrel films (Nights and Elf I liked, Brothers and Glory I didn't).

This, however, was a winner. It took the original series and knew that it couldn't take itself too seriously - the source material didn't warrant it. Then they tossed in Will Ferrel and some hilarious comedy into the mix... and the result is hysterical. This movie is damn funny, Will Ferrel is excellent as always, and it had a crapload of great references to the series... That said, I was disappointed in the lack of Dopey and a REAL Zarn (why'd they make him a Sleestak?)

As noted by other posters, this film is pretty raunchy... personally I think anyone over 12 could handle it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Most of Will Ferrell's are hit and miss with me, too. I also liked Elf.

One of my favorite scenes was (spoiler ahead ) he told Holly he didn't like her anymore, and then threw a rock at her. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! THAT was one of THE funniest take-offs I've ever seen!

•   
    • Kerplookee

My girlfriend and I walked out of this movie(can't remember the last time I've done that). I expected a credit to be used later but the theater was fantastic and gave us cash back.
    I could see how 13 year olds might like this film but Will Ferrell was trying too hard to be Will Ferrell. I love most of his other stuff but, sad to say, I might be getting sick of his shtick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!