• Minion

Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,' Villain To Be Chosen Soon

This was on Yahoo! today. So I'm passing along the info.

There is a release date set for the next film, as well as some squashed rumors on the film, including who the next villian is. But there was a hint on who it would be. Reading the article below, the villian has ties to the city of New York City.

Access Hollywood - Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,'

Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,' Villain To Be Chosen Soon by Access Hollywood    June 8, 2009 NEW YORK, New York -- Kirsten Dunst will return as Mary Jane Watson, "Spider-Man 4" producer Todd Black told the New York Post.

The star will rejoin director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker's love interest in the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise, which is slated for May 6, 2011.

However, don't expect wedding bells for Mary Jane and Peter - Black told the newspaper that he was unaware of such a subplot. At the close of "Spider-Man 3," the two had an emotional - but ambiguous - reunion after the film's events drove the lovers apart.

Additionally, Black hinted at the film's villain, shooting down online rumors that pegged comic book character Morbius the Living Vampire as the latest member of Spidey's rogue gallery.

Instead, the producer told the Post that the villain had a significant connection to the Big Apple.
    "We're just coming up with who the villain is now," he said. "We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

In past films, Spider-Man has faced off with the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Venom and Sandman, leaving a number of famous villains who could make their silver screen debut in "Spider-Man 4."

Among the popular options are Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, the Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Venom offspring Carnage and the Lizard, whose human alter-ego, Dr. Curt Connors, had a role in the previous two movies.

Another potential foe could be New York crime boss the Kingpin - however, the character appeared in 20th Century Fox's "Daredevil" and would likely require a rights acquisition by Sony Pictures.
    But the crime lord would give the film a New York connection - and would also be Access Hollywood film critic Scott Mantz's top choice.

"The Kingpin is grounded in reality, and that's the appeal of Spider-Man," Mantz said, adding another suggestion to the mix - femme fatale the Black Cat. "I'd like to see the Kingpin and the Black Cat, to stir the pot with Peter's relationship with Mary Jane."

So, what do you all think? Who do you think will be the next villian, and who do you think should play him/her. I don't think that the Black Cat would be in it, being that if they were to stay true to story and the comics, they would've had to have brought Felicia Hardy in before now and have a backstory on her.

Here's a thought: Spiderman vs The Hulk or Spiderman vs Wolverine?
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 06-09-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: I screwed up. Edited, instead of quoting.

• Infinitized!

Re: Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,' Villain To Be Chosen Soon

Will Gwen Stacy be back? Bryce looked good in that role. She was the best part of Spider-Man 3!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Here's a thought: Spiderman vs Hulk or Spiderman vs Wolverine?
    If Marvel could get their characters back under their own studio, it could happen.

That's cool. I wondered if she would return. I wonder if they'll ever bring Shocker of Electro to the screen.

• Animation Domination

The villains will probably be The Lizard and Kraven..
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disappearing/Reappearing

good. I was worried she wouldn't come back. The movie would have sucked if she didn't. I can't stand when the original cast doesn't come back.

• Circle of Ancients

They should just call it Spiderman 3 and forget the last movie ever happened.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Spider-Man 3 wasn't so bad at least it didn't turn out to be another Electra, Catwoman or Supergirl movie.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    hear hear! I sent my husband the link to the article. he asked me..."wasn't 3 bad enough?"

Hopefully, this one will be so good, it'll make us forget 3.